What would be the ideal tank shrimp mate for cherry shrimps?

ShrimpSA

I have been reading up on the different species of shrimp to put with my cherry shrimps. But I see many of the caridina species are not nearly as hardy as the cherry shrimps. What is a common and hardy shrimp that would not cross breed with my cherry shrimps?

Any suggestions?

Maybe some tigers, Def not other neos. I would get a good colony of cherries going and read up some more on shrimps. Cards are not too bad to handle

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ah thanks a lot. Here they are illegal to keep so it's hard to get hold of them so I will start looking for them. Also it looks like my tank is not 100% yet so hopefully it will be by the time I find some. Thats why it has to be a common shrimp. Otherwise I might not fins some.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Lol that is the problem... there is non... I managed to find 2 people who breed them.. one is out of the country for now. The second person I contacted and waiting for a response. Ill ask him for the shrimp you guys suggested. Ill also ask him for a list of what he has and post it here.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so after some time looking I couldn't find any shrimp other than wild type cherry shrimps that are sold as ghost shrimp, ghost shrimp and red cherry shrimps.... which doesn't help... I already have all 3 and the ghost shrimp are catching my small fish in my nano fish tank... I am keeping the cherries separate from each other and from the fish...

Some shrimp sold as ghost shrimp are not fish-safe, as you are noticing - typically they are in the Macrobrachium genus and are much more carnivorous than cherries or more peaceful species. Unlike cherry or crystal shrimp, there is no single species of ghost shrimp; many fit the general description of a clear-bodied shrimp and a wide variety are sold under the same name.

Enjoy your cherries. Although many people start out thinking that they need to have a variety of different species, it's much easier to cater to single species setups. I think they're more elegant, anyway.