tea anyone?

Soothing Shrimp

Does anyone else drink tea?  I've pretty much stopped coffee, and have become a tea drinker.

I'm a newbie. 

I'm going to start keeping a list of what I've tried and want to try.  heck, maybe if people are interested, we can swap tea bags and try them and see what we think.  A tea club so to speak.  :)

I've tried:

black w/earl grey- dark color, nice wake up tea in the morn.  Bold flavor which I like.  Not too crazy about the earl aftertaste.

black w/orange pekoe- I do like this one.  A bit of citrus which has a nice mellow aftertaste.

green- light color, not as bold flavor as I'd like, but still okay.

on my wish list so far to try is:

Ruby Shangri-La Tea- a deep red tea made from Thai hibiscus & butterfly blue pea flowers

Bluechai Blue Tea- a blue tea made from butterfly pea flowers and organic lemongrass.

The only two I drink somewhat regularly are Chai tea or green tea. I haven't tried earl grey or white teas. 

Coffee still has a bigger caffeine content though. 

But if losing weight is one goal of yours, switching to tea definitely helps unless you drink your coffee black. Cutting out 150 calories per cup right there! Depending on what you put in your coffee of course. 

I LOVE rooibos teas.  Caffeine-free, naturally, a nice round, full flavour that puts me in mind of the smell of a really fancy cigar shop, and comes with tonnes of different flavours.  I like rooibos chais (chai refers to a spice blend added to the base tea and makes a warm, rich scent and tast).

Could not agree with you more, shrimp also seem to like it   :)

I am not a tea drinker (wish I was) but I do recommend them for different health conditions. If you are going to drink it regularly, please do consider organic teas. When you think about it, they spray them with pesticides, then you brew that. Tea is one of the worst "foods" for pesticide concentrations from what I understand.

My understanding is iced tea can be made from hot tea by doubling on on the products in it.  ie. double sugar, double tea bags

Yes, but I dont use sugar. I use 6 bags in a gallon of very very hot water and let it sit overnight in the fridge. Sometimes I change it up  and will add a couple bags of Celestial Seasons wild berry tea for some extra flavors.

I used to love Celestial Seasonings fruit teas as most of them have a hibiscus tea base. Unfortunately I liked it with that little yellow packet of Aspertame and I don't do that anymore. Nothing quite matches that metallic zip! Lol

soothing, this is the type I think I  usually get   http://www.amazon.com/Stash-Tea-Chocolate-Oolong-18tabs/dp/B004WBMFTW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1446666125&sr=8-4&keywords=chocolate+mint+tea    I dont have any in the house right now to look at the box since I dont really drink it in the summer.   It is definitely time to but some more though.   Brrr 

Btw, I dont get it at amazon. I just found it in my regular supermarket here.    

Interesting, i was just shopping for tea today. SO many of them put cinnamon in the mix, *very annoying*.

I have found a LOT of variation between brands, particularly with respect to green tea. Brew time is also a factor.

I got a small amount of roobios for the shrimps, but haven't tried it myself.

I also give lemon balm to the shrimps; it is supposed to be drinkable. I *love* lemon things, but lemon balm, not so much.

I like Celestial, as well, that hibiscus base is quite good.

I drink me some anti-stress tea at the end of the day. Being a stay at home dad with a 1&2 year old i need it,ha.

Holy cow! Anti stress tea and Valerian Root I would bet! Well, I don't think I could force down Valerian tea, but a capsule followed by tea...

I drink me some anti-stress tea at the end of the day. Being a stay at home dad with a 1&2 year old i need it,ha.

I was or still am a stay at home dad . I raised two girls now 12 and 15 and ran a very successful online internet business from the house until I sold it.

I enjoy Kava that you can get in a tea bag form once in a while for stress relief and I really enjoy drinking Kava with local Fijians when I go to Fiji. It taste like crappy muddy peppery water but man I sure love relax state and best sleep you will ever have with no hangover or side effects the next day if you dont over do it.