5 S+ Grade CRS

Dluxeshrimps

Do we even limit prices on here? What is unreasonable to one might be fine for another. I know I've shopped water parameters before and was willing to pay quite a bit more for shrimp from a colony with similar parameters to mine. (Great decision for me by the way as these shrimp have become special projects and I'd gladly do it again)

if u like the shrimps he is selling and think the price is good, get it!  even if u don't like it or not suitable for u, please don't leave comment against the price and quality on someone's selling post.  I think doing such would lead to a big argument.   :thumbsu:   

thanks.  

if u like the shrimps he is selling and think the price is good, get it!  even if u don't like it or not suitable for u, please don't leave comment against the price and quality on someone's selling post.  I think doing such would lead to a big argument.   :thumbsu:   

thanks.  

I agree 100%. If someone wants $10000 a shrimp then so be it.

It's a free market folks.  Sellers are free to put whatever price they would like on items, just as members are free to either buy or not based on their thoughts. Opinions on "high" prices are best suited via private message to the seller and not on their sales posts. ;)

It's a free market folks.  Sellers are free to put whatever price they would like on items, just as members are free to either buy or not based on their thoughts. Opinions on "high" prices are best suited via private message to the seller and not on their sales posts. ;)

Exactly...if a buyer wants a certain type of shrimp for a certain price, they can start their own WTB thread on TheMarketplace

This is actually a humorous thread to me - I find myself agreeing with every single response that I have read.  If you look at the context that Shrimp Lady had to go on at the time (being post #2), $55 for 6 CRS S+ grade, non PRL shrimp (even if it does include shipping) seems like a lot.  But, everyone discussing pricing is spot on - if the seller sets a price that is too high, the package won't sell, and the free market totally works here in this situation.

What I think the whole crux of the issue here - and what sent the thread down the path that it has taken - is the price included Express shipping, but completely failed to mention it in the original post.  I would have never, ever, guessed it included express shipping, and I don't think I'm alone here.  That might be puffpuff's normal method - which is totally cool - but really probably needs to be called out from the very start.  My first reaction when I saw the first post was "Wow, that's a lot".  It wasn't until the clarification was made that it included Express shipping that I totally got it - and that does put it right in line with the asking price.  In my years of buying shrimp, though, I think I may have used express shipping once, and that was when it was the only way that the seller sent them, and I really wanted the shrimp.  With colder weather around the states now, Express shipping does make sense, but I'd still argue its not going to be the default assumption for shipping.

Anyway, I consider all of you friends on this thread, and I don't mean to disparage anyone.  I think I have the benefit of replying late in the evening after all the posts were made, and to me, it kind of stands out how it took the path that it did.