Bee pollen as shrimp food?

Mr. F

Is there a difference in shrimp specific bee pollen and the ones made for human consumption? Just checking on Amazon and you can get like 10oz of certified organic bee pollen for like $11 shipped vs 25 grams for like $5-8 plus shipping.

The listing provides false details.

I emailed them and their response was

"Thank you for your inquiry.

We do not currently have any 100% organic bee pollen. 

Y.S. Organic Bee Farms

2774 N 4351 Rd

Sheridan, IL 60551

(800) 654-4593 Phone

(815) 496-9389 Fax"

I only used like 3 gains per 10g during feedings. That will last you for years. heh

Yeah, I eat it too! It's a great immune system booster, antioxidant, and also reduces allergies. Just picked up my Spring and Summer's worth. [emoji4]

The listing provides false details.

I emailed them and their response was

"Thank you for your inquiry.

We do not currently have any 100% organic bee pollen. 

Y.S. Organic Bee Farms

2774 N 4351 Rd

Sheridan, IL 60551

(800) 654-4593 Phone

(815) 496-9389 Fax"

They probably aren't able to list any bee pollen as "100% organic" since they are bees, and they can't really say with 100% certainty that every single plant or flower they touched while they were out doing bee stuff was organic.

How do you eat it Mr F. do you sprinkle it on something?

Like svetilda said, sprinkle it over fruit, yogurt, cereal, or blend it into juices or smoothies. It has a really bitter, protein-y taste too it so it's best with strong flavors. My favorite is mixing it with frozen acai and acerola cherries, blended, then topped with fresh cut strawberries and bananas, vanilla granola, and guarana powder. Delicious.

Everyone needs to be cautious about feeling 100% safe because a product says organic. Organic crops are still allowed to be treated with pesticides. I think copper sulfate is actually one of them. I learned a lot about this when I built my Aquaponics setup. It was eye opening. Several years ago their was a group that was in the early stages of getting an Aquaponics Association setup. Previously growers were referring to their Aquaponics setups as organic. I believe the new association was wanting everyone to distance themselves from the term organic and go with aquaponically grown. Not sure what they decided but it was because of how misleading the term organic can be. Here's a quick link. I didn't read the article but it should provide a little insight to create an awareness. It's great to be cautious but make sure you do your own research and don't depend on labels.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/12/07/myth-busting-on-pesticides-despite-demonization-organic-farmers-widely-use-them/

Everyone needs to be cautious about feeling 100% safe because a product says organic. Organic crops are still allowed to be treated with pesticides. I think copper sulfate is actually one of them. I learned a lot about this when I built my Aquaponics setup. It was eye opening. Several years ago their was a group that was in the early stages of getting an Aquaponics Association setup. Previously growers were referring to their Aquaponics setups as organic. I believe the new association was wanting everyone to distance themselves from the term organic and go with aquaponically grown. Not sure what they decided but it was because of how misleading the term organic can be. Here's a quick link. I didn't read the article but it should provide a little insight to create an awareness. It's great to be cautious but make sure you do your own research and don't depend on labels.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/12/07/myth-busting-on-pesticides-despite-demonization-organic-farmers-widely-use-them/

If I'm ever worried about heavy metals, I just let whatever it is that may contain said contaminants sit in a cup with a small piece of poly filter. No color change, so I guess my organic bee pollen I copper free. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk