Nicest looking moss for shrimp tank?

ShrimpP

Preferably small leaves and shorter/compact strands, rather than it being large bushy, long strands of branchy moss.
Reason for the smaller moss is I want to aquascape a bit so the size ratio of the moss makes the tank look larger than it is, rather than some "giant" moss dwarfing the already small tanks (10 gallons and 20 longs)

I can dose fertilizers and anything from low light to high light, but I don't want to use co2 or excel/glute in the shrimp tanks.
I guess while on the topic of small plants for shrimp tanks, you can mention any tiny plants really, nano stems, carpeting/foreground plants as well.

fissidens fontantus is my favorite.

3c2881df482454fb9d60ccb064faa1a7.jpg

I also really like downoi (pogostemon helferi) as a "tiny" plant.    It likes high light, but stays really small and I have a full carpet of it in a low tech, no co2, no excel tank and its doing great. 

T2eC16Fy8E9s2fjFUjBRSn1gV2g60_351.jpg

Mini Pellia is my "go-to" for shrimp tanks:

ShrimpTanks01202016.jpgMiniPellia.jpg

25 minutes ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

My ambition is to actually get rid of all my moss and move into pellia for my tanks.  So far I'm really liking the round pellia.  Haven't tries the mini yet.

When I decided to set these shrimp tanks up, I had to find a moss that was much easier to manage. Subwassertang/Round Pellia was even getting out of control, so I took to Mini Pellia which is more compact, takes up less room, and grows much slower.

1 hour ago, pucksr said:

Doesn't mini-pellia require fairly cool temperatures? Sub-70?

No, my Mini Pellia stays between 72-74 all year.

I have no moss anymore in my tank - just lots of Mini Pellia.  Love it - always pretty and clean looking.  I even asked Han to put it on a 5 chamber metal pyramid instead of moss.  Filled in beautifully.  I'll try and get a photo up of it tomorrow.

Here is a photo of the mini pellia in my tank.  22 gal Mr. Aqua - I keep it pretty plain with only the mini pellia some cholla wood, amber cones - using a corner HMF, a tower block filter on the other side and also a Eheim 2213.  I like lots of filtration.  Love this tank - easy maintenance.  I asked Han if he could put some of the mini pellia on his stainless steel shrimp cave - 5 piece - Did not know how well it would grow.  Well - as you can see, I actually need to trim it back some - it has grown so well.

Mini Pellia.jpg

On 4/16/2016 at 6:06 PM, shrimpybuisness said:

How do you get it to grow like that? Do you attach it to a rock?

Sorry for the late reply. Nothing special just originally purchased 4 SS Mini Pellia from Han and let them grow out. No CO2, no ferts, just a good quality LED.

9 hours ago, h4n said:

Shrimpie! the SS shrimp cave with mini pellia filled it awesome! that looks so cool!

Yep it sure did, Han.  You should offer that as an option for your caves.  I know it is a more expensive plant - but man it looks great and really does fill in beautifully!