what hobbies do you have besides aquatic?

wicca32

I buy it. (NaOH) Would like to do my own some day, but I do like the reliability of the pure stuff. There's enough crazy chemistry going on with the various oils and colorants that I don't think I could get the same control, and I want to know my math is right so I don't end up with anything too harsh.

It is. I used to be into card games like that as well but someone stole my deck for yu gi oh lmfao. 600$ deck I had spent a year collecting gone in an instant.

Ohhhh man! Yu gi oh. Damn.... Dem memories... I remember having so many cards. I think I had 3 mirror forces!! Only 1 was legal per deck. Sold my deck for a ton. I think people still play it.

My wife says I have too many hobbies...Fishing (fly and spin, fly tying, rod making)Cars (engine performance, audio, and paint)Wake boardingDistillingSnow boardingMountain bikingRock climb (semi out of it for the last few years though)History buffWood workingAquarium (really like planted tanks, hopefully will like selective breeding, and interesting fish. Only freshwater for now)And applying for mba schools if you count that.I have problems with having nothing to do an sitting still so I keep myself very busy. With no kids, I have the time for multiple hobbies and most of the time I rotate through stages to be honest.Chris

I do the same to bro, I am into a lot of things. I stay busy and really a Jack of all trades and an expert at none lol. I love to learn and always looking for new things to get into.

-Chris

I buy it. (NaOH) Would like to do my own some day, but I do like the reliability of the pure stuff. There's enough crazy chemistry going on with the various oils and colorants that I don't think I could get the same control, and I want to know my math is right so I don't end up with anything too harsh.

Check out the fox fire series of books.. I have the whole set.. there is a large chapter on how they made soap the old fashion way... I think you would enjoy it...

I love the foxfire books! My mom had one or two growing up, and I've gotten a few of the others out of the library occasionally. I should try to get myself a set. Someday maybe the stars will align properly and I'll have some land and get to play at pseudo-self-suffiency. :) (I'll have to have a solar cell just to run the shrimps, I guess, LOL)

Obviously, my soap has become luxury oriented rather than DIY, but that's how it started! (People have jokingly offered to give me moose tallow, etc... I'm totally down for that! They have saponification values for that, I think, so I don't even have to guess at the math. :D)

I think I picked the whole set up for like $150 new... im from the foothills of the Appalachian mountains and my family has lived in the area for over 100 years I love learning how my ancestors lived.... lots of neat projects too.. I just wish I had more time between working 60hrs a week and a family I dont realy have time for my projects anymore. ... maybe one day...

When my wife has IPMS, she gets grumpy. :sword:

LOL don't think it's quite the same thing hehehe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

Ive almost always worked with reptiles as well as fish. Throughout high school I made some extra money breeding leopard geckos and crested geckos to sell to the local pet shops. At one point I had 50 breeding leo's with upwards of 100 hatchlings at any one time. 

Video games have also been a big hobby of mine. Ive played through lots of games and lost interest in most, but the one game Ive never lost interest in is Minecraft. Its my secret addiction. Ive been playing ever since alpha and if I divide number of hours played by dollars spent its by far been the best value. haha. 

Minecraft? My son is addicted to that. And he's only 9 yrs old! LOL

Funny mine craft came out when computers first came out and now people are into more than ever. ironic lol

-Chris