ShrimpFan's All Things Shrimps

Ch3fb0yrdee

Thanks, I think I'll have to hide it at work from my wife if I do get it.  It's rumored that it could cost as much as $1000 USD....but it does light up :)

$1000? You can get a pretty nice JRB or JBB for that price!

You're mixed up. He is referring to the HulkBuster not JRB or JBB. Hahaha! We all know only MK's famous pictures shrimp was worth 1K and then some!

No I knew he was talking about the hulkbuster; but for price of the hulkbuster he cab get some pretty nice shrimps! (knowing Ron, he will anyways :P)

Oh man! My mixup thinking you mixed up.

I bet the Hulkbuster would be a much less risky investment. A $1000 is a risky investment because there's chances it might die! Plus, only certain folks will have access to MK's Super PRL, errr should be Ultra PRL for that price. [emoji13]

Oh man! My mixup thinking you mixed up.

I bet the Hulkbuster would be a much less risky investment. A $1000 is a risky investment because there's chances it might die! Plus, only certain folks will have access to MK's Super PRL, errr should be Ultra PRL for that price. [emoji13]

The hulkbuster is pretty risky too... It could decide to run away or disappear :P

DSCF2495_zps321cb14c.jpg

DSCF2499_zpsd4c77e1a.jpg

DSCF2504_zpsdaf8873b.jpg

HA HA! They do exist! Aftering adding Java Fern Trident and Mini Fissidens to the tank, my shrimps have been more active and brave. The JRB braved the front of the tank and I managed to take a photo of her.

She's due soon.  :D

One of my Berried Mosura Blue Bolts. She was a really low grade Blue Bolt that I bought in Japan. I only bought her because she had a really nice mosura crown and I knew I could increase the intensity of her color. Pretty good looking shrimp for only $20.  :D

DSCF2518_zpsf152abb7.jpg

Beautiful shrimp. Did you make a trip to Japan to go shopping? haha

Ha Ha! Thanks. I really adore the Blue Bolts inside this tank. No, I didn't make a trip to Japan to go shopping. I met up with my GF after her military contract was up and we spent some time there. I did squeeze in shopping and sightseeing but it was mainly to be with her. [emoji5]️

Only one HOB? which model?

Yah. I'm only using a HOB for the cubes. There's little room on the rack for canisters. The Fluval C-3 works great. The ingenious design allows me to swap the media for cleaning with ease. I dedicated a slot for purigen that I swap bi-monthly.

Great looking group.

Thanks Ron! They're growing up very fast and colors are great. I'm waiting for fully grown adults to inspect to see if their parents blue faced feature passed on to any of the babies. Keeping my fingers crossed that it did. [emoji1]

I always use AquaClear 50

I remove the sponge and media comes with the filter, and replace it with Eheim media. works great.

I always use AquaClear 50

I remove the sponge and media comes with the filter, and replace it with Eheim media. works great.

Definitely, the AC series are pretty amazing HOB filters. The only reason I got the Fluval C-Series over AC was because I saw that the design allowed for maximization of purigen activation due to a slot the Fluval added in the design. Must say, it works better than the AC design because it has a separate compartment where those purigen baggies can just hang. Overall, I would say both works great.

I hoping to get some Benibachi JBB in the spring/summer. I hope they have some blue to them like yours.

Dude! JBB are the sh*t! The blue faced feature are amazing! Where will you be sourcing yours from? You're located in Canada right?

Dude! JBB are the sh*t! The blue faced feature are amazing! Where will you be sourcing yours from? You're located in Canada right?

jumpsmasher owns/runs an online shop (SKA Shrimps) here in Canada and he carries Benibachi products which has also given him access to their shrimp.

Having a "hook" to shrimps overseas is amazing! I didn't realize jumpsmasher was so well connected! [emoji1]

If you can, try to source some locals instead of the bigger brands. Benibachi is big but over the years they seems to have shifted their demographic over to HK and China moreso than Japan. I don't know how big of a presence they still hold in the Japanese dominated market but the brand is world renown. Look for brands such as K-Brand (huge in Japan and are the same brand/lineages as my JBBs), Crimson is still really big, and a few others that can be found on Lowkeys website. They list their breeders with a link to the breeders blogger (blogs are big overseas) so it's a good way for you to gauge what you want.

well i try to keep a low profile because my "online" store is not really online yet :P  Ya aquatailor is the bigger agent when it come to shrimps as they represent so many breeders - they already have a guy in canada but don;t think he will be bringing in any high end JRB or JBB any time soon so i will get what i can to start out : )  I think in the end me and Ron will have to plan a shrimp trip over to Japan to hand pick some.. lol

Well.. Hand picking it the way to go, but it's not always possible. BUT if you can, if highly recommend making a trip to Japan. Food is great and shrimps are amazing. [emoji39]

I'm looking forward to your online store. I want to see what goodies you carry :)

AquaTailors and Lowkeys are partners if I recall correctly. I regret not going to AqualTailors when I was in Japan. Going to plan anther Japan trip before I settle down so I'm definitely making plans to visit Crimson and AquaTailors next time around.

Yes Aquatailor x Lowkey x Crimson. I don't know the exact details but looks like Aquatailor is the parent, lowkey is the retail store and agent for various breeders and Crimson is one of Lowkey biggest breeder / partner.

I believe Aquatailor / lowkey help provide an avenue for smaller breeders to get their shrimps to mass market.

I won't really offer anything that is not already available state side from the various vendors here but here in Canada our selection of shrimp related goodies are somewhat more limited so I been importing stuff for myself for years; but now just starting to "share" some of my goods with local shrimp addicts like Ron :P

I won't really offer anything that is not already available state side from the various vendors here but here in Canada our selection of shrimp related goodies are somewhat more limited so I been importing stuff for myself for years; but now just starting to "share" some of my goods with local shrimp addicts like Ron :P

Yes and now I'm broke.

Having a "hook" to shrimps overseas is amazing! I didn't realize jumpsmasher was so well connected! [emoji1]

If you can, try to source some locals instead of the bigger brands. Benibachi is big but over the years they seems to have shifted their demographic over to HK and China moreso than Japan. I don't know how big of a presence they still hold in the Japanese dominated market but the brand is world renown. Look for brands such as K-Brand (huge in Japan and are the same brand/lineages as my JBBs), Crimson is still really big, and a few others that can be found on Lowkeys website. They list their breeders with a link to the breeders blogger (blogs are big overseas) so it's a good way for you to gauge what you want.

You just cost me  my weekend, now I am going to go and read blogs for the rest of the week.