ShrimpFan's All Things Shrimps

Ch3fb0yrdee

Offload some shrimp duties to her. Like feeding or toping off. She'll learn to love them. I know my parents did. They exclusively feed and topoff my JRB/JBB tanks. They even tell me when there's new berried females and progress of the babies.

Offload some shrimp duties to her. Like feeding or toping off. She'll learn to love them. I know my parents did. They exclusively feed and topoff my JRB/JBB tanks. They even tell me when there's new berried females and progress of the babies.

That's not a very good idea. They will make mistake sometime.... End up killing a lot of shrimps or causes algae outbreak.  -_____-"

I had very bad experience before. -_____-!!

This is why, I have reliable controller to automate almost everything (except powder dosing) when I am traveling.

Woman is for man to be adored, not ask them to work. It is better to let them just view and enjoy the shrimp. The more they view the shrimp and not putting into hard work, the more happy they will be and will fall in love with them (psychological strategy). In this way, they will give you hard time for getting more tanks. LOL!!!

That's not a very good idea. They will make mistake sometime.... End up killing a lot of shrimps or causes algae outbreak.  -_____-"

I had very bad experience before. -_____-!!

This is why, I have reliable controller to automate almost everything (except powder dosing) when I am traveling.

Woman is for man to be adored, not ask them to work. It is better to let them just view and enjoy the shrimp. The more they view the shrimp and not putting into hard work, the more happy they will be and will fall in love with them (psychological strategy). In this way, they will give you hard time for getting more tanks. LOL!!!

I agree and the less she has to do with my tanks, the better she likes it.  She still doesn't understand the enjoyment I get from keeping and staring at shrimp.  I am going to set up a tank for a small group of Vermillion Gobies and maybe CPD, she'll enjoy watching them more......and they'll be the ones taking care of my culls :startle:

I dunno. I believe everyone has the capacity to learn. The more involved someone is to something, the more enjoyment they will take from doing it. I don't task my parents with the duties of performing waterchanges, just topping off the tanks to the lines I've marked and feeding. Pretty simple and straight forward stuff.

Now I have a dependable "auto-top off" system that also feeds and warms me when they see dead shrimps or shrimps expressing strange behaviors.

Parent and young female partners are different creature. LOL!!!

^This is true... Strangely, I trust my parents more than the GF. She's too clumsy I can't even trust her with topping off my tanks when I'm away... [emoji20]

You folks forget that there are female shrimpers as well that do just as good or even better than some men I know with shrimp keeping. :)

Nobody said anything against female keepers, just significant others. I am sure the female keepers would say similar things about their male or female significant others who don't share in their hobby.

You folks forget that there are female shrimpers as well that do just as good or even better than some men I know with shrimp keeping. :)

Ohhh no no no! I hope folks didn't take what I'm saying the wrong way. I'm sure there's many competent female shrimpers out there. I'm sure many surpass me and know much more than I do. I'm only referring to not trusting MY GF with my tanks. Actually, when we were both on vacation in Asia, I had her female cousin manage my tanks. Super job. Trust mom > GF cousin > GF Mom then GF. Bahah!!

GF is a handy dandy translator and navigator though. [emoji4]

Just adore her and let her enjoy the fruit of success. Happy wife, happy life. ;)

I like that. Happy wife, happy life. [emoji16]

^-^

I used to bring home animals from work to care for at home on an irregular basis. This resulted in some very hilarious situations, the most inappropriate being my boss joking that I should stop because my mom kept sneaking them treats until they became fat.

I can't stop drooling over your pictures lol. I definitely am interested in your JBB! Also, I am sure I might have asked before but what camera and/or camera gear are you using to produce such beautiful pictures?

Thank you

A few more photos I took over the weekend.

DSCF3006_zpsz9cgmj1s.jpg

DSCF3013_zpstmlg1u8t.jpg

DSCF3002_zpsrkw2jmow.jpg

^ Above three photos of a male/female I'm selling off to a local. Female and Male are both really nice.

DSCF2965_zpspjvmmily.jpg

DSCF3051_zpsegzr8zlo.jpg

DSCF3070_zpsbaz9xzbj.jpg

DSCF3043_zpsyikblcfv.jpg

DSCF3038_zpsxkdb4byu.jpg

@Ren-

These guys are K-Brand lineage. Probably not a big brand overseas as compared to Benibachi, Crimson, or any of the other brands we commonly hear about.

@DET-

X-T1-2_zpsgeyl9chb.jpg

Body: FujiFilm X-T1

Lens: Carl Zeiss Touit 50mm F2.8M Macro Lens

Flash: FujiFilm EF-42 (x2)

It's ironic that I have a good camera but have to rely on my iPhone to take a picture of the camera itself. LOL!

Wow, nice setup! I have been exploring the many different cameras out there and its quite overwhelming. I really don't know where to start, I thought I was sold on Canon DSLR but then I see our ShrimpSpot members use Nikon, Fujifilm, etc and I come right back to the drawing board. Are there any specific cameras primarily for Macro shots? or Is the best route to go, purchasing a camera and concentrating on the type of lens attachment for macro shots?

Thanks so much!

Thanks! I recently just bought more equipment and even an extra spare battery, I guess I’m a FujiFilm junkie now? LOL!

I couldn’t agree with you more – Choosing a camera is OVERWHELMING! It’s even more pressure when you consider just how expensive it can get. I was in the same boat. I was at a complete loss when it came to picking my camera. I had figured I’m a Nikon guy considering how the GF has a Nikon and most in my family uses a Nikon so it was a surprise I ended up using FujiFilm.

I’m a pretty big novice when it comes to camera stuff but I’d say it will ultimately come down to the look/feel of the body. I knew I really like the sleek look of the Fuji X-T1 mirrorless camera. It has that classic look that is timeless. I didn’t like the bulkier DSLR bodies common among Nikon and Canon. Also, Fuji still manufacture 100% of their lens in Japan whereas Nikon and Canon will outsource their lower end camera lens to China. Folks around may already pick up that I’m a big Made In Japan advocator.

I don’t know if there are specific cameras MADE to take macros. I’ve always thought it feel down to the lens itself to do that part of the job. Carl Zeiss is a great brand so finding out that they made a macro lens for the X-Mount FujiFilm Cameras (as FujiFilm currently does not make its own macro lens) was a big plus.

More often than not I find that I end up discarding or not using the lens that comes with the body. I know this happens with the Nikon I got for my GF years back. Usually it’s going to be some crazy zoom lens. Too big and too bulk to really have any real life applications. Nothing is going to sit and wait for you to get the zoom into place. Hence, I opted to just buy the body alone and buy lens I actually plan on using (like the macro and soon the FujiFilm XF 16-55mm zoom).

Anywhose, I do believe that getting the nice camera equipment that will enable the keeper to capture their beautiful subjects is a great natural progression for any and all shrimp keeper. All beautiful subjects deserves to be flaunted. It’s also a good skill aspect to practice and perfect, just like shrimp keeping.

"Also, Fuji still manufacture 100% of their lens in Japan whereas Nikon and Canon will outsource their lower end camera lens to China." <--- Correction. Only XF lenses. XC lenses are not. XC lenses are for people looking for a $400 kit camera and they are made of plastic casing.

Wow, nice setup! I have been exploring the many different cameras out there and its quite overwhelming. I really don't know where to start, I thought I was sold on Canon DSLR but then I see our ShrimpSpot members use Nikon, Fujifilm, etc and I come right back to the drawing board. Are there any specific cameras primarily for Macro shots? or Is the best route to go, purchasing a camera and concentrating on the type of lens attachment for macro shots?

Thanks so much!

Hi Det,

Do you plan to use the camera for other purpose?

Take a look at this thread in another forum, I was discussing with one of the Aussie shrimp keeper about what camera to choose: http://shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/8206-camera-advice-please/

A friend is going to share with me some of his OEBT x Royal Tiger mix. These guys look pretty amazing.

Photos are his. He gave me the okay to share.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1427997236.616109.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1427997244.023823.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1427997251.307704.jpg

What's the purpose to mix OEBT and RB?