Black Friday Sales Hub

Ch3fb0yrdee

Hey Shrimp Spotters,

With Black Friday approaching and many online retailers doing sales, I figured it would be a good idea to have a centralized thread where folks who find good deals can post so we can bum rush them together. Similar to the sick LED light sale on Amazon someone found a while back, let's make this a center hub for all things aquarium sales related.  

Thanks in advance for all the great deals! 

Dang good idea shrimpfan, always need more lights for our 18 new tanks!!!

Yep. I thought its a good idea to centralize everything so folks can come here, get exactly what they need, and not miss the sale.

I'm in the market for filters and lights too so let's hope this BF is a doozy for sales.

Looks like I'll start

Item: Gladiator shelving unit 72x73x24

Link: http://slickdeals.net/f/7389144-gladiator-4-shelf-steel-shelving-unit-77-139-free-ship-to-store-home-depot

For all the shelfholics out there seeking racks. If you have space, this 2000lb per shelf supporting beast till fit your rack addiction.

I've done measurements before because I have a lot of 15gals. You can fit 15g long side in perfectly. They monster shelf will take what you have and ask for more!

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale 11-18-2014 - 12-1-2015

Mention this add in the comment section and receive a Free Gift with all orders during this sale

All Shrimp orders of 7 or more shrimp get 2 EXTRA FREE, just mention this add in the comment section. (Sorry single shrimp prices and shrimp quantities listed at 7 or less do not qualify)

Check out our fish selection (we our adding new items weekly!!)
Type in bfcm2 in the coupon code and receive 10% off everything in our fish selection.

We have a extensive shrimp and fish food selection. Type in bfcm2 in the coupon code and receive 10% off everything in our fish & shrimp food selection.

We have added quite a few new pumps and filters Type in bfcm2 in the coupon code and receive 10% off everything in our pump and filter selection.

Alpha Pro Breeders

I got this same e-mail! Has anyone else bought from Alpha Pro Breeders? Are their prices reasonable? I purchased my yellows and royal blues from them, but I didn't have anyone else to compare them to at the time.

Keep in mind businesses are in...well...business.  Their goal to to get as much money as possible to have profits.

Hobbyists often sell shrimp to offset their costs.

Goals are different. 

Often one is able to buy a single item from a hobbyist for less (Ie. Shrimp).

While stores offer multiple items to buy at the same place which can be convenient.

Just depends which route you want to go. :)

I'm at the point now that I like buying shrimp, etc from hobbyists because I know they care about husbandry and the backgrounds of their stock.

Keep in mind businesses are in...well...business. Their goal to to get as much money as possible to have profits.

Hobbyists often sell shrimp to offset their costs.

Goals are different.

Often one is able to buy a single item from a hobbyist for less (Ie. Shrimp).

While stores offer multiple items to buy at the same place which can be convenient.

Just depends which route you want to go. :)

I'm at the point now that I like buying shrimp, etc from hobbyists because I know they care about husbandry and the backgrounds of their stock.

Similar to what soothing said, APB is a business so they'll usually have higher costs which they'll pass on to buyers but trade off is convenience in the form of a 1 stop shop.

That said, I recall needing something a while back but I decided to wait it out. I think I needed mineralizers (this was 1-2yr ago) and salty shrimp gH+ was the it item to have. Everyone was sold out but ABP had the 1000g for market prices but their shipping was overkill. Good thing I passed because I was able to get the salty shrimp gH+ from Will the week after (free shipping too!).

Never bought livestock from them as I find our shrimping community usually fulfills my needs.

Anyways, we're all pretty lucky to have folks like Will who has been carry shrimp specialty items for years!

Just ordered Purigen at half price, thanks.