Sandos shrimp rack journal

Sandovalsbco

Hello all I'm finally getting around to building my shrimp rack. I finally had the courage to ask my wife if I could add more tanks to my collection and she said ya sure haha. So the plan is to set up 3 20longs two of them divided but sharing common water. The third tank just being an open full 20long. I'm making one divided and the full tank Caradina tanks with the second divided one being for high grade RCS and yellows. I haven't made the final decision on what shrimp I want in the Caradina tanks but I'm leaning forward blue bolts and CRS but I need help with a third so open to suggestions. I'll update pictures as I go.

8e7e43cdc0eb34f7ac9ea7e24a3dd1c2.jpg23e8748b4bebecac822f8425f273f3cc.jpg

3615f032053d119ac5017d43a30dffa3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not generally caused by the weight of tank it has to do with the way wood naturally will dry over time. None of my DIY stands stayed nice an straight they always had funky bends to them lol.

Oh ok well I was really selective with this wood put it through some rigorous testing haha hopefully it holds.

So installed the hmf filter in the 20longs. Two of the tanks are divided and share water so I'm able to keep desired water parameters easier. And the third tank just has one hmf in the corner. I used a piece of glass to divide the two tanks but didn't let it go all the way across. c538f5e63367bf07dd3064ea8d8e9de6.jpg861f0b66e5e5332941fea45958fa0cfa.jpg

So installed the hmf filter in the 20longs. Two of the tanks are divided and share water so I'm able to keep desired water parameters easier. And the third tank just has one hmf in the corner. I used a piece of glass to divide the two tanks but didn't let it go all the way across. c538f5e63367bf07dd3064ea8d8e9de6.jpg861f0b66e5e5332941fea45958fa0cfa.jpg

Im a big fan of HMF and love what you did. :thumbsu:

Im a big fan of HMF and love what you did. :thumbsu:

Thanks and I was aiming for separate tanks but I know that bigger tanks are easier to manage so this came to mind. As for the filters I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I second that. I was actually thinking about tearing down my planted 40b and making it a split hmf shrimp tank.

You should do it !! I have a 40 breeder with fish but once they all die eventually I'm going to do the same. Be sure to post pictures if you do

• 2 weeks later...