Shrimp purchases*

Ashahlee

So now that I'm getting into this shrimp game I'd like to upgrade but not sure which online shops to go with so if u can tell me where you received your little dudes from and your overall experience with the company it would be much appreciated :)

The sponsors on this site are very good. When your on the main page you will see to your right the top members and most of them are excellent shrimp breeders/sellers. Stay away from sellers on amazon and most on ebay.

Check out the Market Place page http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/forum/6-the-marketplace/and you will get an idea of who sells. You can also post what you want to buy and how much you will pay.

I love mayphly and shrimpcales for shrimp and guys like Han, The shrimp Tank and buypetshrimps.com are some of the main ones I buy most of my supplies from. You can find them near bottom of the main page under sponsors.

Yea i second Vpier. The sponsers and members here are the best bet for quality shrimp and products. I'm cheapskate and try to save any where i can and find that thats not something that can be done much in the shrimp hobby. Do it right, do it once. I've bought from ebay before because the prices were a few bucks cheaper but the quality of shrimp in the end was not worth it.

I agree . I have bought from several here and all very good but in my case I do count on the post office delay so May to Oct I cant order as simply to hot for a 2 day delay .

I have 2 orders coming this month .

Either way the people here are good and the shrimp , plants are good quality .

I've gotten Taiwan bees from Shrimpscales and Poopians here in the shrimpspot marketplace. I also purchased some from CRS from soshrimp and OEBTs from dreamer_yoyo on ebay. All excellent sellers in my opinion.

Really depends what you are looking for.  I like that I can buy from people here on the forum and pm them if I have questions.  I often look to see feedback before I buy, and how many posts that person has made before buying from them.  If that person has a good number of posts and good feedback, I know they are not going anywhere soon. heh

Also, I like that members here in general want the best for their shrimp.  They know the history of their own stock, their own water parameters, foods fed, and medicate occasionally if needed.  Sellers from other places don't always know/do either.

Sometimes importers here do presales, meaning you can pay for a better price for imported shrimp- but you take the chance on whatever quality comes in.  It's very much like gambling.

All depends on what is priority for you. :)

You get what you pay for when it comes to shrimp. In the long run cheaper always ends up costing you more.  I've been in the fish hobby and industry for almost 39 years and a person might think I wouldnt make a mistake like that but I did.  Its easy to have $500 into a tank before you put a  single shrimp into it. You might end up having one expensive setup dedicated to crap shrimp because you wanted to save a few bucks and that's what happened to me.