HI from vancouver

rwong2k

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ray and I'm from the greater vancouver area. I've kept neo's and crs for the past almost 10+ years and I had sulawesi cardinals before (about 9 years ago) but had to give them to someone due to life getting busy. But I'm back in action.

I'm mainly a planted guy but set up 3 x 10 gallons for my sulawesi cardinals. getting harelquins and white orchids in a few weeks time.

Here are some of my photos :)

Love this site!

24427076410_d82cc26118_c.jpgCaridina dennerli by Raymond Wong, on Flickr

24604824722_322815fb3b_c.jpgCaridina dennerli by Raymond Wong, on Flickr

24696393826_82730a2ab5_c.jpgCaridina dennerli by Raymond Wong, on Flickr

and my messy planted aquarium.

24026407093_e34463e18d_c.jpgJan 27th aqarium update by Raymond Wong, on Flickr

Hoping to get more rabbit snails off our sponsor soon.

thanks for looking!

Ray

Your tanks look like something like what a German Aquarist would have in a office or zoo. Spectacular indeed!!! Which Vancouver are you from???

Welcome fellow Canadian.   Love those Cardinals.  Finally we have a local breeder of Harlequins...these were the hardest to keep

and in my opinion the most beautiful.  May I ask who the breeder is?  I am looking at starting a Sulawesi tank in the near future and

would love to get some of these. 

oh i'm in vancouver,bc canada.

I'm not too sure who the breeder is as i got the, through Canadian aquatics, he wont reveal his source, which makes sense, then he wont get his cut as a middle man if I go direct :)

I've located a guy named Tim in Richmond who sells them and there's a guy named Ken in Gibsons who has them. There should be a guy named Frank who used to sell them but he's gone Mia.

hope that helps

Ray

Welcome fellow Canadian.   Love those Cardinals.  Finally we have a local breeder of Harlequins...these were the hardest to keep

and in my opinion the most beautiful.  May I ask who the breeder is?  I am looking at starting a Sulawesi tank in the near future and

would love to get some of these. 

just curious where approx are you? maybe we can trade shrimp later on?

I'll be getting some harlequins, hopefully this week, but the white orchids, I've been told is being shipped from back east. There's another source for harlequins which they also won't reveal to me but also getting shipped here. So I'll be getting harlequins from two sources, one local and one somewhere  I have no idea.

Apparently the local bred ones have been adapted to our waters or close to it and I've been told they're f5+ so they're more used to our waters but I believe they use saltyshrimp 7.5 mix.

Vancouver water out of the tap is pH6.8 and tds around 5, so very close to RO water.

hope that helps

Ray

Your tanks look like something like what a German Aquarist would have in a office or zoo. Spectacular indeed!!! Which Vancouver are you from???

thanks very much shrimp lady. my issue is I love to collect plants, so I can never have a igwami setup unless I start another tank ;)

Rwongtk,

MY club's Auctioneer (Phil) comes up your way once a year and does your local clubs' aquatic auction as well!

He wears a "Kilt" like your club guy does... L.O.L. Great shrimp I'd love to get ahold of some Cardinals as well... My well water here is just perfect for them too , I love your plants as well but don't do Co2 either...

Great Flickr page too

Im in Ontario. Yes for sure I can trade once I have something to sell.  Right now I am just starting over with my Pinto project. I have spotted headed mischlings and zebra pintos in red and black.  I used to have a lot of tanks and sold shrimps regularly to lots of people all over Canada, but downsized after I moved to another City.  I am looking at setting up a Sulawesi tank sometime in March, so will get in contact with you then and get the contact info from you for the Harlequins.  Yes getting them to adapt to our PH was always the problem, glad that has been rectified with the new generation as they will be stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

here's a few photos of my harlequins, straight from tw.

Should be getting some white orchids and yellow cheeks in around may when it's warmer to ship.

24359243613_d7b7c5eb1e_c.jpgSulawesi Harlequin - Day 0 by Raymond Wong, on Flickr

24959799876_b30e0ae1f1_c.jpgSulawesi Harlequin - Day 0 by Raymond Wong, on Flickr

thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...