DOA? i don't think so

Shrimpo

I have received DOA BKK's in the past and they had slight pink hue to them. It was simple to prove because the black body was not shiny at all it looked liked a half cooked shrimp (half black half pink). Mine were a overnight shipments with Fedex and I think they died do to mishandling, but honestly mine did not look nice an shiny like the ones he placed on the paper towel.

You and the other victim should both get in touch with Paypal. Try and state the other case number also and maybe they will force refund the other victim as well if they feel the buyer is scamming.

Show all the evidence you have, pics and messages you've had with the seller. Just as additional proof, show your ad/listing if there is or is not a guarantee on the shrimp or any sort of policy. Show the tracked shipping reports as well to show they arrived in a timely manner (or was not, if left outside delivered for too long). Maybe even showing your feedback/review pages may help in your favor.

I don't add any DOA policy in my listing because there are several people here that I fully trust and willing to refund them in case of DOA without even asking for pictures, but from now on I am going to be careful with people that I don't know much and implement DOA on them.

I am still in contact with the first victim and will see what Paypal have to say about this.

5 hours ago, Jynn said:

You should also definitely show paypal the first pic he sent you (maybe save and attach the email conversation so they know the pic came from him.) that shows all 9 of the living shrimp as well.

+1 for forwarding the correspondence between you two, that shows the time all the pics were sent, that the shrimp are alive, and- most importantly- that he's a liar. Those shrimp on the towel are alive... unless they were murdered by the delivery guy on the porch of the buyer's house or the buyer dropped the bag; no red/orange to them at all, and the only dead shrimp I've seen without that hue are newly decease or RCS and orange sakuras (because they're red/orange!). "Threw them in the trash"? What a joke! If by "trash" he meant "tank", and by "threw" he meant "carefully acclimated". lol. Anyway, good luck with your dispute! There's really no solid case against you on this. 

-Nick

5 hours ago, Shrimpo said:

I am not going to mention it openly now until I talk to the moderators. check your PM.

I'm sorry it happened to you!

Can you, please, send me his name too?

5 hours ago, OMG Aquatics said:

This is why I even don't bother to write DOA policy! For Paypal it doesn't matter. And in this case buyer will win...

I honestly don't think these 2 hours DOA policies work because despite what your DOA policy states, they are still covered under Paypal's buyer protection.

A while ago, I had a buyer who had the package left at their front door for over 6 hours and in freezing temps. All the shrimps arrived DOA. The buyer even admitted he wasn't home for that period and package was left in cold. When the dispute came, regardless of what I stated in my DOA, I lost the dispute because I am fully responsible for ensuring the package arrives safely to the buyer(even when buyer should be at fault).

1 hour ago, Mr. F said:

There's really no solid case against you on this. 

Unfortunately for this situation, paypal almost ALWAYS sides with the buyer on disputes like this.

1 hour ago, Jynn said:

Unfortunately for this situation, paypal almost ALWAYS sides with the buyer on disputes like this.

They need to get more educated on shrimping then! hehe

I hope this works out for the best. I made the mistake of bidding on the wrong auction once on aquabid (I had a bunch of tabs open on my internet browser), and I felt scammed with what I got in the mail. What happened to you is straight up theft, though.

Update:

First paypal refunded 50% back to the buyer ( scammer ), then I called them and said I want my shrimp back including the dead ones ( which doesn't exist ) and I will refund 100% to Scammy, when I asked them how come $75 for 3 shrimp? they said that he sent them evidence that I offered him that amount through email which I never did.

After some investigations Paypal gave me my money back ( big Thank you to the persons I talked to on the phone).

In case this scam bag created another account and try to scam another victim in the forum this is his location:  Portland/ Oregon 97233, you can also PM me for more details. I still have some respect to his privacy and don't want to post full name, address...etc. I just don't want anyone else to go through this again, his username is Master503, he is on Aquabid and other forums as well.