Tibee Rack

High5's

I now have 3 of the substrates you can get in the USA, I will be doing experiments with different soils over the next 18 months. So I can provide the community with high5's down low on substrates. 

Which three? All I know of are ADA Aquasoil and Up Aqua and Fluval Shrimp Stratum and Akadama Red

I started this project because most of what I've read about keeping  tibees and breeding them seemed kind of daunting and discouraging. I am really hoping to dispel myths and provide fact's by doing this and showing people my result's, that more people keep and enjoy tibees. I would also like to provide healthy high quality shrimp to fellow hobbyist/vendors, maybe even develop a product or two along the way. Thank you all for the support and guidance, I want to give back what I get from all of you. This is truly a wonderful place full of amazing individuals, I hope we continue to grow and this level of respect and positive vibrations towards one another continues . Like my friend Soothing shrimp say's 'We are all here to help one another'

Today I got all my stuff on the way for two tanks sponge filters, air pump,  Glass tops, jigsaw ugf system, abs dividers 11 3/4inches long 3 1/2 inches wide,  one side is smooth other side is textured  I figured it be good to grow bio film on. I hope it shrimp safe I think bulk heads and other things in the aquarium trade use abs. Going to attempt to build a rack this weekend I have about a week before all my things get here so I don't have to rush it.  Thanks for all the advice, suggestions and ideas  guy's really helped me make some final decisions .                   

Not just any dirt lol....super awesome keep my shrimp happy dirt LOL

I carried mine in a backpack from queens to Edgewater NJ. 40lbs and had some in a suitcase haha. Saved me 100$ lol

Which three? All I know of are ADA Aquasoil and Up Aqua and Fluval Shrimp Stratum and Akadama Red

New Fluval plant/shrimp stratum, ADA Aquasoil and Up Aqua shrimp sand.

I'm interested in how the UP Aqua shrimp sand goes. Supposedly it last longer than that Aquasoil and doesn't get crushed as easily as it?

Never used the Fluval plant/shrimp stratum in any tank...only used the Shrimp stratum in my moss/downoi tub LOL

Aqua soil seems the easiest to crush. The new fluval I think will surprise people I really do believe it has been reformulated to compete with ADA. The up Aqua is small type and is the hardest to crush of the 3 idk how it preforms yet it's still in the bag.

I have no idea if i have the new fluval startum...the baggy i have is from the fluval ebi and is marked as Fluval Shrimp Stratum....only thing I've heard about it is that is supposedly doesn't leach ammonia but then again it's only in a tub with moss haha

Hope the Up Aqua performs well when you begin using it in your tanks!

Haven't decided yet it's will most likely be the last thing I do. Main thing now is build a rack I want to dyi but something premade is so easy and fast. I'd say I'll have tank's cycling next week hopefully.

Silicone can be bought at a pet store relative cheap. What about your lighting?

Just use the Silicone GE brand 1 at Lowe's. It is the same thing, I've revealed many tanks with this stuff. It's a 1/4 of the price.