please dont sell

Funny thing is the mods over there are probably lurking here, and as soon as we are un banned will find a reason to ban us again for talking trash. Lol

You know it lol.

I got banned at tpt for having my company logo as my avatar. My bad, but it had been my avatar for like 6 months by this point, why the sudden problem?. The infraction notice said the infraction would disappear after a while, so I replied and said "when will the infraction be listed?" . Boom, instant ban for "threatening a moderator."

I think there are major conflicts of interests there bc the moderators are sellers too and don't want competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Puddles

I got banned at tpt for having my company logo as my avatar. My bad, but it had been my avatar for like 6 months by this point, why the sudden problem?. The infraction notice said the infraction would disappear after a while, so I replied and said "when will the infraction be listed?" . Boom, instant ban for "threatening a moderator."

I think there are major conflicts of interests there bc the moderators are sellers too and don't want competition.

How long are you banned for?

Forever!

oh dam.. First strike and out... Wow

Did this just happen this week?

That would be 6 bans I know of.. Lol

Ya. Honestly I was trying out homemade shrimp food, and jake (maker of home made shrimp food) banned me, so... I think it's fishy. And no one has responded to emails.

But this is a much better forum and community by far so it's not so bad :)

Ya. Honestly I was trying out homemade shrimp food, and jake (maker of home made shrimp food) banned me, so... I think it's fishy. And no one has responded to emails.

makes sense...

Yea I'm guessing mods get all the messages from the contact. Good thing I got the number of the company. Giving them a call today. I want my money refunded that they charged me.

At the end of the day it's for the best all of the positive non of the negative here. People should come here wanting to learn about keeping shrimp and when they feel confidant to do so because of all the help we provide here, the same people will be buying shrimp and shrimp products from the sponsors.  I think that's good for the hobby and good for all of us in the long run, creating a fun exciting place to learn and share will only make the hobby grow along with the interest of keeping shrimp in the USA. As I look at it the Shrimp Spot is the foundation of the hobby in the USA and I will support it in anyway I can.

Very well put. This probably will be the foundation to expanding this niche inside a niche intill its a hobby all its own. People come to my work and ask what I have and ask how I keep up with it. For mw its second nature I pick up fast. But I also recommend people do their research first because its not like having a dog or a cat fish almost need at least one hour per day for one tank. Shrimp its just as much work and planted tanks iis even more.

for us it comes easy so we can all help the others who need it. I al by no means an expert but I know quite a bit about fish and aquatics. When I leave my department will crumble.

lets make this place even more exciting than it already is!

Puddles - I'm glad you had this site printed on your card! Saw you were banned on TPT and had no idea what was going on. But my shrimp love your food, so I'll be getting more soon.

Welcome, most of us were for one reason or another.

Lol, didn't need to be banned to jump ship.

A bunch of people in sorta-my area actually started a fb group to get away from tpt, and then I dumped them when one of *their* mods went insane. Now there's a new group. Not too many shrimpers, though, and most of them are far enough away that I don't make it to meets/trips/etc.

Lol, didn't need to be banned to jump ship.

A bunch of people in sorta-my area actually started a fb group to get away from tpt, and then I dumped them when one of *their* mods went insane. Now there's a new group. Not too many shrimpers, though, and most of them are far enough away that I don't make it to meets/trips/etc.

Well you found a new home here buddy!

It's getting a little hostile over there, too. I just gave some advice about how to use fenben and the next post said what I wrote was "not true."

er...yeah...

I called him out soothing, I'm on thin ice 15 mins back from a ban why not haha