39g Saltwater Mantis Shrimp

ctaylor3737

Well very productive day, got my tank drilled, got a skimmer, power head, 25lbs of live rock, 20lbs of live sand, 5g bucket of salt, Refractor, return pump!!! Gotta get a fitting to hook my pump to the line and I can fill the tank!!!!!!!

5da45e94d79e9f83e688c0391c81f02f.jpg

Glare was horrible but finished installing overflow and painted the back. Giving the glue a few more hours to dry and then test filling later to test the sump and overflow. I'll see if it works right before I use RO

49483f449237d13223d54793f7bcbd60.jpg

acf1dcc870425f12b51de3a09206c887.jpg

1608d6e83dd30adadc5191c8b6bb94db.jpg

Filled!! The sump works great! Was a little worried that the cover wasn't built right, I don't have any leaks and the pump I got works great. Put a layer of live sand at the bottom. Just need about 5 more gallons of RO and it'll be running.

Everything is,running! Filled the sump with some rubble rock, put in section for refugium and also a filter sock, protein skimmer. Pretty happy with the setup, still have to play around with it. Tomorrow if it balances out I will be adding the live rock. Just wanted temp and salin to be right before I killed the BB on the rock. Trying to cut down the cycle time. I have 30lbs of live rock from established tank, 35 lbs of live sand from a tank. Should help a lot!!! Glad I have a better understanding of the sump systems. I will be designing my shrimp rack to have one. Great filtration and flow in the tank.

bca69baa81945713de03a302b8c13752.jpg

31eca246ae1bc7bb41e7d445c209796b.jpg

0be491aaae792517eb3fcefd6d6d0180.jpg

Rough scape clearly need more rock lol. Got a lot in my sump, figured more flow would be good to keep it going until my powerhead are in. Got a lot of good. Flow from the pumps but more is better I heard!

Well life got a hold of me and I have been working a ton of hours haven't had much time for anything lately. But today I did manage to get my new Mantis Shrimp. Guessing it's a female so her name is....... "betsy" lol.

Don't mind the black ring just found my tweezers to pull it out. She's running around and diggin holes. She already smashed a snail I had in there lol

Getting better.

Put soft coral?

Yep put a few kenya trees in, seeing how he does with them. Still diiggin the rock. Lots of coral spots to pick. I added another power head so flow wont be an issue. Only feed what he eats so ammonia cycle should be in checl and no other fish just the bamdit!

a390db2100345be07b6d3a50d37d713a.jpg

Alot of rock but lots of places for coral.

Have a little Cyano in there. I added a very large powerhead and the extra flow took it away.

fbf71781facbfb37fd961c17404375a5.jpg