Massive shrimps death, 300+ shrimps dying in the minutes (SCARY VIDEO)

Citycode01

My cat has a flea and we bought flea killer spray and it was big mistake to spray the carpet near our community tank where I dumping all my culls. I had 300+ shrimps in there, mostly all Neos - red, blue, yellow, carbon. I didn't know that stuff can kill all my shrimps, very sad to see them dying. Lucky for me we didn't spry it near my shrimp room where I have all my expensive TBs and Crystal shrimps... Now I'm quarantine shrimp room - keep the door closed and will be washing all the stuff I carry in there from outside.

DON'T USE ANTI FLEA SPRAY NEAR YOUR TANKS AND IF YOU USING IT BE EXTRA CAREFULL! It's need only tiny amount to kill all your shrimps

Now I'm going to clean that all dead shrimps out before they start to decomposing and do a WC...

Thanks guys for your support, I feel sucks after this happened, I'm not cleaning them out, I did large WC and placed carbon in the filter, still hoping for any survives. They all like paralysed and only jumping, their legs not working, they can't walk but they not all dead yet. Hoping some of them can recover but I understand it's less likely to happen.

Hi there , i done the same mistake as you....

Add carbon and do water changes, if you have easy life fluid or salty srhimp esay life, add 3 x recommend dosage.

http://caridina.gr/product_info.php?products_id=217

http://www.easylife.nl/en/freshwater/easy-life-fluid-filter-medium

My post was here.

http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/3112-loosing-all-crs/#entry44127

Hi there , i done the same mistake as you....

Add carbon and do water changes, if you have easy life fluid or salty srhimp esay life, add 3 x recommend dosage.

http://caridina.gr/product_info.php?products_id=217

http://www.easylife.nl/en/freshwater/easy-life-fluid-filter-medium

My post was here.

http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/3112-loosing-all-crs/#entry44127

Thanks for share this with me. That's the shame I didn't read your thread before! I hope I did and didn't lost my shrimps. Your lost was waaay bigger then mine, sorry about that too.

I wish I have that products to add them but I don't and it's too late hear now to buy them. I hope I can still have some survivals after big WC and carbon in the filter, I did this just now.

Also Diatomaceous Earth.  That stuff becomes a cloud in the air after you use it.  I believe it will do the same thing to shrimps that it does to ants etc. and will slowly kill the shrimp.

I had to set up some house rules with my GF about cleaning with products near my shrimp tanks.

A massive water change is what I did when I added some plants with poison on them. I used water from another tank and did a change of about 95%. This saved my shrimp. Or you could all catch them out and put in a safe tank. But this stuff seems to be very very poisonous to shrimp. If only a little mist of the spray has this effect, I wonder if anything can safe them, but I would give it a try.
Good you are sharing this drama, it's a warning for all of us!

Also Diatomaceous Earth.  That stuff becomes a cloud in the air after you use it.  I believe it will do the same thing to shrimps that it does to ants etc. and will slowly kill the shrimp.

I had to set up some house rules with my GF about cleaning with products near my shrimp tanks.

Diatomaceous Earth is very very bad to inhale FYI, Former pool guy here and that stuff will embed in your lungs and cause problems like asbestos. I dont understand why anyone uses that stuff for anything, pool filter media I understand

Citycode I am so sorry for your loss.. I cant even watch that video because I lived it once. Came home and roughed up my dogs, didnt know my mom put front line on them, noticed my tanks needed top offs so I did it pretty casually and must have touched the inside of the pitcher or something and get some Frontline in the tank and instantly about 150 RCS started flicking around and dying. I freaked out. Took me about a week of research and pondering to come to that conclusion and you pretty much just solidified it for me that I nailed it.

Only a few RCS lived and I was never able to repopulate that thank unit I moved the shrimp, broke it down and then moved them back in. Cant tell you why that happened but I just wasnt getting any babies for months

Guys you wont believe this. In the morning my gf asked me if I put some more shrimps in the tank and I said why would i did that and she said there are a lot of healthy shrimps walking around the tank.

I couldn't believe my eyes to find almost all shrimps alive and recovered and only one dead shrimp

The bad thing is that I removed a lot of shrimps before I go to bed assumed they are all 'almost dead' and flush them in the toilet I was afraid they can die at night and pollute the tank, I regret it so much, most of them could be ok by now.

The issue with some of the shrimps that's the body become milky white like bacterial infection, but they look healthy and active. I have even saved few berried females and they all should repopulate the tank very quickly.