GREEN JADE BERRIED FEMALE

Here is my Green Jade Momma. She has been berried for a week. This is her first time berried. I got 10 baby green jades and raised them. Only 2 are for sure female. They are both berried this week. They were slow growers for the most part. I am interested to know if anyone has been breeding green jades and the outcome of the offspring. I am hoping for a decent amount of green jade babies!

post-2153-0-78108000-1447786795_thumb.jp

From the time they were very small they had a very nice green coloring. The greens are just something different altogether. Definately something cool that not too many people have, and I always wondered why. Perhaps they don't breed true at all?. I am hoping for a good percentage of green offspring. I guess I will find out soon! 

Yes, a store, pm me! Long story short - the store imports shrimp and I ordered two batches of green jades from this store, each time they died one by one, all showing sign of parasite. (I didn't notice at first until looking with a magnifying glass) any ways I ordered it two times, same thing each time. I was beyond frustrated. Anyways the store owner offered me 12 babies born in his store. I tried them. No sign of disease or parasite this time around and they all grew up healthy and no deaths. Thats how I have my current stock. 

Awesome shrimp...I'm partial to green as well. I remember fondly the caridini babaulti green I used to keep years ago. They were very bright green for the most part but I could never find them when they sat on foliage. Wonder why no one keeps them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love them, would like to try them out once I get comfortable with water params. Something about that vivid green reminds me of all the bugs in the garden lol.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

To my knowledge there are at least 3 green jade strains.  Let's hope you have one that is more true breeding than not! :)

Thats neat, I did not know this. I find that alot of the newer shrimp colors like blue diamonds and bloody mary etc dont breed true *lots of different shades of blue or red* so I figured the same thing might happen with these green jades. I guess I will be able to tell as they get bigger.

• 1 month later...

To my knowledge there are at least 3 green jade strains.  Let's hope you have one that is more true breeding than not! :)

Where were these 3 strains developed? There seems to be a handful of people working on this strain here in the US - I've seen some high quality specimens on facebook but they're not breeding true in high percentages yet it seems.

There is also a Green Jelly strain that come Orange Rilli's - similar to the blue jelly / velvet  that came from blue rilli's but with a light yellowish - green; the green is very faint so definitely not as nice as the OP's green jade

I have recently acquired a few Green jades from my LFS as well and came from 2 different sources for a total of 6, (as these are abit pricely) so purchased only a few to try out. One was partly berried (a few fry had already hatched the day I got her) The remaining eggs have hatched out in my overgrown 5.5 gallon so really have not seen them so far, but no deaths as I check it daily (no pink bodies on the bottom). These are strikingly Army green jade in color (I call it Army green). Will follow this thread too and see if his come out true and mine as well.

If anyone else has these chime in, or I can get them some too (P.N.W area in the USA) These are definately a fun Neo.  to try out.