people who sell plants

Jadenlea

Are these envelopes sufficiant for mailing plants?    http://www.amazon.com/KRAFT-BUBBLE-MAILERS-PADDED-ENVELOPES/dp/B000GHTDH8/ref=sr_1_2?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1453162531&sr=1-2&keywords=padded+envelopes

and if not, what do you use? 

My tank is overgrown atm and I thought Id offer some here raok but I need to get some envelopes to ship them in first

I have always used the USPS flat rate shipping boxes..   I would be concerned with plant stems being crushed or snapped in envelopes.  

I put the plants in zip lock baggies (double bagged, to prevent leaks) between layers of moistened paper towels, and then tape the bags to the wall of the box so they don't get jostled around.

Zip bags filled party full of air with plant types in them will help pad anything from getting crushed as USPS is very harsh on small boxes! Use a styroliner in their boxes you can have delivered or go to your nearest P.O. a pick these up for FREE like others have mentioned. I ship all sorts of "live" things so if you need any help send me a P.M.

Great!!! I drive right past the PO every day on the way home. Ill get some this week.  Thanks everyone.  This is why this site is so great.  SOMEONE always has an answer.

you guys that use the small flat rate boxes,do you do it even though the package weighs like 3 ounces?

that doesn't make sense.

i've seen people sell a small amount of moss and want 6 bucks for shipping.

you buy bubble mailers or boxes and ship first class.

in most cases first class takes the same time for delivery as priority does.

you guys that use the small flat rate boxes,do you do it even though the package weighs like 3 ounces?

that doesn't make sense.

i've seen people sell a small amount of moss and want 6 bucks for shipping.

you buy bubble mailers or boxes and ship first class.

in most cases first class takes the same time for delivery as priority does.

I have sold moss in the past and always mailed it via the small flat rate box. Honestly never thought about doing it any other way so I am glad you mentioned this. Once it warms up I am definitely trying first class instead. Thanks for opening my eyes!

These "video tape" shaped boxes will get crushed for sure! It's just TOO cold to sent anything alive right now. I would'nt order from any seller who uses this cheap way of packaging either. A medium sized USPS lined with styrofoam cut to size can be shipped via first class or Priority (by weight) for a minimal cost. It can't say "flat rate on the box either"

I have good experience and excellent 100% feed backs as an E-bay seller for tropical plants & shipping live things + private fish sales/trades but won't ship anything til' springtime, heat pack or not.

I've gotten several of the small FRB boxes of plants just fine, but there is not much room for insulation. Most of the ones I got were fine, but one did get really mangled; so always wrap well, no matter what box you use.

While the FRB are handy and easy, if you weigh things, you really can sometimes get lower costs using first class or priority, altho I haven't looked at things since Jan1--there might have been price increases.

Temps sure can be an issue, so I'd wait if you can.