What's your favourite shrimp food?

shift

I've been meaning to find an opportunity to say this for a while now........Han's Special Blend is quickly becoming a favorite. I think it would be a hit with the Omni Pro crowd for sure. Soft enough to expand, yet it stays put wherever you place it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My shrimp seem to like Han's Special Blend best. They don't flock to it quite as fast as certain other foods, but once a few shrimp find it there's a total feeding frenzy. Each pellet also goes super far, though, so I usually have to scoop out leftovers even when I break them into thirds.

I also switched to it after a more protein-rich diet (Hikari's Shrimp Cuisine and algae wafers) may have contributed to a colony wipe. Haven't had any problems since then. Well, other than figuring out what to do with all of these healthy juvenile shrimp now.  :D

I have used the Lowkeys line of products for months now, my shrimp love them, and I have nothing but great things to say about it.

I like the BorneoWild brand which seems to have fallen out of favor with most in the shrimp world .

Though not a food per-se but a supplement I love BorneoShield .

I use it about once a week with my water change and I have noticed way more babies in the tanks which I use it as opposed to the tank which has ''culls'' and I don't use it .

• 2 weeks later...

One underrated food that gets ignored because it is not a "shrimp food" per se is Omega One Veggie Rounds. Ingredients are:

Whole Kelp, Spirulina, Whole Salmon, Halibut, Seafood Mix (Including Krill, Whole Herring, & Shrimp), Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten, Lecithin, Astaxanthin, L-Ascorb-l-2-Phosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Natural and Artificial Colors, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol, Tocopherol (Preservative), Ethoxyquin (Preservative)

My shrimp love it. $5 at Petsmart/Petco. Omega One Micro Veggie Pellets are good too.