Chris's Fish Room- Basement Remodel

ctaylor3737

se9ymy2y.jpg

gy4azuje.jpg

epu4eveh.jpg

rusa8esa.jpg

Glare is bad had lights off they are awesome. Def 2 pairs they are staying together and are huge. The blacks are the same way can't see them in the pic lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That last picture is so creepy lol. I just looked at these to see how they turned out. I took quick photos before work and left, had a short amount of time before I had to leave. They are awesome though, the light was off so the glare off the tank was awful!

Seems I have been slacking again, I am preparing for a trip to Ohio on wednesday and have been just cleaning up and getting the tanks all in order for my departure for a few days. I have gotten all the lines ran to the tanks and they are all cycling properly now. I just got my bloody marys in the other day and they are already looking great. They were tiny juveniles so they are still not to the color I am expecting. They are however as dark as my higher grade neos so I am excited to see how they will turn out. I have moved my final rack down into the room and have setup 2- 29g tanks on the rack this will be used for dividing my pairs of angels. I have been getting them close to breeding, I will need to seperate them soon. I had to go out and buy some egg crate to seperate the DD blacks that I have. A few of the males were tearing eachother up the 3rd day they were in the tank. This made it easy to seperate the males and to see the size of the ones that I am looking for. The blues that I have are very docile and pretty chill, they have been cleaning the slate in the tank so I am sure they will be spawning any day now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good, I understand the slacking.... I've been swamped at work and then have house projects at home taking up 99% of my time :/

Yea I feel ya, there hasnt been much to update. All my stocks are pretty much recovered, I had sold a lot of them off just because I was moving them to the basement. Now I seem to have an abundance of shrimp again which is a good thing! I am finally going tomorrow to pick up all my lids for the tanks, I am getting a few more of the final tanks that I need to complete my projects. I am also tiling the place where my washer and dryer sit so that I can finish my laundry room. I also need to fully set up my water storage room and run the drains for the tanks. I have all the pipe just havent found the time to put them together. It will make my water changes so much easier when it is done. I put the last coat on my 90g stand so that I will be able to bring the discus tank up off of the floor. I want to have the drain installed first because I am putting the bulkhead in when I pick up the tank. So far so good these days! I will have to take alot of pictures to show you guys.

I have finally gotten my discus stand done, this had made a major improvement to how well organized the room is. As you seen in the pictures by filters were on the floor and looked horrible because I had everything ran all over the place.

I Found a 36g acrylic tank finally for $40! Have to drive 40 mins to pick it up but it is worth it for that price! I have a 20g sump that I am planning on hooking up to it and trying my first saltwater tank! This is only to get a mantis shrimp because I have wanted one for a long time! My LFS is saving thiers so that I have a chance to cycle my tank they have had him for about 3 months so he is very well adapted and will live for awhile in my tanks! As with any project I will have to cycle the tank properly! I will post some pictures of the tank tomorrow when I go to pick it up, it comes with a large oscar that I am taking to the lfs I feel that the tank is simply to small for such a large fish. They have a 500g oscar tank that he will be home to.

I want to get back more active took out 6 large bags of trash, unused lumber and construction materials wanted to get this fully organizers. Boxing in that beam today and tomorrow!

I hope to see some of my discus in your tanks one day. I already have a name for the mantis shrimp Louie is a great name = ]

I'll trade you a few of mine to!

Yea Ill be doing a journal for that guy, probably start it running tonight and get it started. Since I am new to salt im sure ill have alot of changes and will help me in the build.

So it's been awhile since my last update. I usually don't do much the weekend I work. Do 3-12s and a 16 hour shift. Came down this evening in the 55g where I put my angel pairs. I noticed two were acting a little more aggressive then usual. They are sometimes but they usually, calm down. Scanned for mating and saw nothing. I just went down a little bit ago to empty dehumidifier, so annoying haven't got my drain done yet lol. Looked up and saw this......

f7b76e348cca0efdde9221b44c252d9b.jpg

ab377908731fc8355be7c3b51eefa3a0.jpg

683487334877c203f7df980969992af9.jpg

87dde5b4d17c97264690ce013861b7b9.jpg

So exciting!

Hey, good to see an update!

I've decided il be doing discus next summer :)

That's great you will love them. When your ready let me know I,will give,you some tips. Ask well before you buy any. I'll give advice!

Well Mantis tank is almost complete, still a few things to do yet. All the tanks are doing well!

DD angel fry are about a day away from free swimmers. Have a hundred or so guesstimate in the breeder box. Pair already looks like they'll spawn again. Exciting! Found out No one in the area has the Dd blacks so lots of interest in them.

Still waiting on my harlequins to hatch! Been almost 30 days I think, bet they take a little longer than the others.

Rams are growing fast and look like a spawn is about to happen soon. The females are turning a nice pink! Hopefully,any day now. My green Dragon plecos have spawned to should be hatching any day now!

• 1 month later...

Well since I havent had much of an update in awhile I will give you a preview of the changes!

I just got my second spawn of DD-Black angels, they are all doing good this time. The first one didnt do so well because of some unknown reason, this batch is doing alot better and the parents are raising them.

Today kinda sucked as my 90g busted the seam and decided to leak yesterday, so I had to rush all my discus to other tanks. They are not very happy and will probably hate me now lol.

All my shrimp tanks are thriving. I have tons of TB babies counting about 14 Juvie Taiwan Bees now which is exciting. My Sulawesi cardinals are doing awesome, yellow cheeks are the fastest breeding of the group. I have about 6 Harlequin juvies now so whoever said they cant be bred lied lol. Overall the room is coming together quite nicely, I still have some minor things as far as cosmetics to finish and still need to finish building the laundry room portion of my basement. I am just waiting for more funds and the time to get some things in order. I will be able to have more free time this winter when I start my new normal 8 hour a day job that I am soooo looking forward to.