Chris's Fish Room- Basement Remodel

ctaylor3737

I built my own bulkheads from pvc parts.  You can see a picture of the here in my blog.  I would stick as close to the middle of the tank as you can, safer to be away from the edges of the glass. 

What valves did you use for adding water, and what size line are they tapped into?

Haven't got any valves yet, I have 3/4 and 1/2 lines running to there. Its easy access and can change anything out. Still researching what bulk heads to use. Thanks oblong foe the info.

Probably going to drill a little over halfway down. Should Be fine, my discus tanks are getting drilled from the bottom for easy water changes. Going to be nice doing speed changes on them.

I know you have probably drilled many tank's I have too. I really like this guy's tank drilling method. His jig holds water using an o ring so the hole drilling is done submerged .

Pretty nifty I like his style of videos. Takes him awhile sometimes as he breaks it Barney style lol. I really want to make an aqua bridge between two rimless cubes.

Update-

Not too much this week. Put in 40 hrs of overtime this week. 80 hours in a few days haha. I'm off after today for an about a week. I'm stopping at Lowe's today to pick up the airline, drains and wood for the beam and post in the basement.

Putting up a nice pole and dressing up the beam. I have the walls all sanded and will be painting tomorrow! Probably grab some 2x4 for the racks.

Wednesday is the tank move day wanna help? Haha

Looking good. So with this time off we are all expecting your next post to be shrimp room is complete.

Lol jk I got help hopefully. Only one I'm scared of moving is my Taiwan Bee Tank, anyone have any tips? I was going to net them all, then empty water into jugs. Set tank up and then refill same water. Add shrimp, probably drip don't really need to but for my own

Dam brother you don't mess around, looking real good really starting to come togher.

Paint tomorrow, got one wall to prime and then ready to go. Installing drains and baseboard tomorrow

Lol jk I got help hopefully. Only one I'm scared of moving is my Taiwan Bee Tank, anyone have any tips? I was going to net them all, then empty water into jugs. Set tank up and then refill same water. Add shrimp, probably drip don't really need to but for my own

I think that's your best bet, you should be fine and not have to drip.