Chris's Fish Room- Basement Remodel

ctaylor3737

Looks like you could make a terminator out of that. Teflon tape is your friend! Really starting to come togher keep up the good work.

terminator? not getting the ref lol.

-Chris

Liar! LOL

I'm afraid I am, it's not easy lol. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you haven't done a lot of construction before. this work would have cost 4-5k at least. I did it for under 2. Was a b putting up sheetrock on the ceiling by myself. lol

-Chris

Today's Update!!!

Started out with this hahaha

y7yzu6ub.jpg

ny9e3uje.jpg

zuzahu9y.jpg

emydyjaq.jpg

It has begun! Wanted to lay more tile but my knees told me no lol. Even with kneepads still sucks. Took me longer to clear all the tools and junk, lay chalk lines, mix thinset than it did to lay those tiles lol.

Should have all the tile laid tomorrow. Monday after work I'll grout it! Tuesday paint the walls! Wednesday start the stand building!!!! Install drains, waterlines, storage room. Done! Lol I wish probably add a few days for being lazy and tired after work!

-Chris

O.k this amuses me if you say you live in old wetland is that like a swamp that was laid up to dry and if so where does all the water come from then?Around here we get very little rain so when a wetland is laid up and filled it is stuffed forever.

Just saw your update that looks very good mate and you work fast too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

O.k this amuses me if you say you live in old wetland is that like a swamp that was laid up to dry and if so where does all the water come from then?Around here we get very little rain so when a wetland is laid up and filled it is stuffed forever.

Just saw your update that looks very good mate and you work fast too.

it rains here a lot, in the winter we can also get 100 inches + of snow. so yea there's tons of water around here, we have many lakes and rivers also

-Chris

a4ysy3uh.jpg

uvyqa6ez.jpg

sure3u2e.jpg

a3ugede3.jpg

Got 3/4 of the floor done, needed to relax the rest of the night. Floor is running pretty straight. A few things here and there but overall happy with it. Not bad for a guy that doesn't do it everyday. My 15$ yard sale tile saw is working great! Leaks a little but oh well can't complain. Forgot how tile wears you out lol.

Also stopped and picked up the rest of my 10g tanks from the petco store!

-Chris

I'll have to live vicariously through you on new tanks for awhile. heh

But the tile is looking nice.

It is getting there! Hope to have the rest laid tonight and tomorrow. Want to grout it this weekend. Work has bene slowing me down lol.

Got a lot done today. Been working this week so updates been slow.,,Got,my clips for my led strip,lightimg

-Chris

Very sweet!  When I put my air valves into the PVC I used silicon since it wasn't permanent but it did seem to help make them air tight.

You are really hauling backside!Looking sharp.

Got almost all the tile laid last night, have to get some more mortar and I will be good.

I wish ca had basements. Stays cooler away from rooms with direct sun and easy venting if needed

Yea man is working awesome

-Chris