Chris's Fish Room- Basement Remodel

ctaylor3737

Awesome! Although, how do you put those little bras on them? *ducks and runs*

Lol,that what I asked my buddy when I got them

3 days and no updates... what gives

Haha I'll do one, waiting for my angels to get here today. Getting a few if there is no delays.

I got my 10, black angels with blue faces. My light died on my 55g moving so pics will Be tomorrow. They were a bit stressed but seemed to hold well with shipping!

Today was busy, set up 6 new tanks. Tore two down that busted seams when I moved them not sure why but it happens. Tanks were 2 months old...oh well I guess.

Positve note my Swordtails I've had for awhile have fry! Got 5-6 and she still looks like she's having a few more. Time will tell. My guppies have bred also. Killifish have laid more eggs that I packaged up. Going to try to incubate them n peat for a couple weeks. They aren't doing well in water so trying the other route. I have also prepared my crown tail to breed so will be a waiting game there.

I have 2 more pairs of angels coming in. Will also be getting 2 pairs of golden rams, and German blues. I used to have rams a few years ago and loved them.

Shrimp Update

I have a lot of babies in my Taiwan Bee Tank. Seems I missed them with the move. They are doing great, think I have a few blue bolt babies was a little small to tell. My carbon tank exploded and I have a ton of babies!

I have gotten most of the airlines ran and hidden. Had to get more Teflon tape to seal the leaky valves. Ran out the other day and had to put them in. Wasn't bad just hissed a little.

What kind of gups do you keep, Chris?

Just Cobras right now nothing special. I am looking for some solid red ones on aquabid. Need to get a few more things adjusted on my system yet. Have a few tanks to setup yet before I really commit to buying a decent pair. Gotta get my angel pairs setup and going first. Got the Cobras because the LFS needed some and their supplier stop bringing them in. Be nice to have some to trade for food and equipment.

Well guys been talking about doing a great update for awhile. I havent showed off many of the new stock that I have gotten in and my setups. I have been working alot and my spare time is spent on orders and getting the tanks running properly. I have yet to get my 90g stand done so it is still on the floor. Not a big deal just makes water changes a pain because I lose the suction on the gravel vac alot. My pump still works good just has to work more so it takes awhile to empty.

5g Blue Velvet tank with Fissiden Fontanus Tree: This tank is looking awesome and has been growing in great!

ygesyped.jpg

haza5e5e.jpg

Gardneri killifish Female. The male is a pain and hates me so very hard to get pictures. I am currently incubating the eggs to see if I can get them to hatch this time. I havent had much luck with them hatching. Starting to think that I have a lazy male and he is sterile, I have yet to have any eye up or come close to hatching.

u5yryjem.jpg

This rack system is pretty new, I have a few pictures of the lights that I installed but havent updated since the tanks went on. Don't mind the mess as its still a work in progress. Have tape holding airlines up until I get the time to run them properly. Right now just have X2 20Longs, 4x 10g, 1x 5g. This is all I have setup on this as you can see I have alot of room left to play with. It is an 9 ft stand that I used to use as a workbench. I recently converted it as I did the remodel. I plan on putting nice trim on it and and making it look a little nicer!

I still need to add a few supports for the lower shelf before I fill it. Right now it is bolted to the support on the outside of the 2x4. I would feel better if there was another under the 2x4 on the shelf to hold it a little better.

apa9y7u9.jpg

Here is my Shrimp Rack that I am still toying with also! I have plans on putting these rimeless cubes in the wall over my desk in the attached pictures. It opens up under the stairs and I just plan on using it as a place for extra tanks. I thought this would be a good idea to put the tanks in the wall and put picture frames around them, a good idea?

a9eme6yn.jpg

I still have to wire up a few outlets on this side of the room. I had originally planned to put a couch and sitting area right there but decided it would be better to put the long rack. I am putting the couch beside my desk that way there is at least a place to sit when someone comes down. Right now there is nothing, I don't mind standing but wife does when I am busy and she is just hanging out lol. Should be able to move the couch down on monday when my buddy comes out!

udyru6aq.jpg

These are the X10 Black angels with a blue face. They are really cool guys and are snacking on some live brine shrimp in this picture. I will be getting the other pairs I ordered next wednesday. I plan on adding substrate to this tank and planting it on monday so it will be all settled in for thier arrival. I am putting my black pairs in here just to see how they do. I will be putting the blue pairs in a 29g tank that I also setup today. It def paid to have alot of filters cycling in all my other tanks. I put a few HOBs on my large tanks and packed all my sponge filters in there about 3 months ago. This has almost elimintated the cycle in the new tanks. I will still closely monitor this of course and plan on doing water changes almost daily until these guys get settled in and breeding!

uvypahed.jpg

qahupase.jpg

The gravel that is in there is just leftovers that got stuck in a corner and I never took them out. I am putting some eco-complete in there tomorrow so itll just be covered up anyways lol. Just makes my tank  look nasty in the pictures. It is funny sometimes how much a picture can change the image of a tank when in real life it looks totally different.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/10/ehunuqur.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/10/8a3eguve.jpg

Edited by Taylor's Aqua World

SO nice and purdy. *sigh*  Whatever happened to that niceness in my shrimp/fish room

That was the way my other room was, and it smelled funky just from the carpet so yea had to move the tanks. Wife was at the end of putting up with it lol. Just gave me an excuse to expand lol. Method behind my maddness ahahhahaha. It makes it so much easier being organized and put away. My other room I would just run stuff as I needed it and would never take the time to even completely finish a project. This has forced me to slow down and take a minute to put everthing together!

On a good note a friend gave me a hell of a deal on 15 bloody marys finally got ahold of them! They are sending out monday also! I have been wanting forever just couldnt see paying the price for them. Excited to see how much bolder these guys will be!

My fish and shrimp room is a wreck... lets not even talk about the closet....

Should see my old room after I moved out most of the stuff. It is still littered with old hoses, racks, boards, and other things I have aquired. Don't want to finish moving them until I have a space dedicated for the stuff. I am thinking about making another shelving system beside my other book shelf at the end of the rack. I am also going to frame in my water storage area and this will be a supply closet, spare supplies etc.

If I took a picture of my place I'd look like a hoarder, there is stuff all over the place . 

Cant be that bad lol. Post away always nice to see what everyone else has to. If it makes you feel better ill post a pic of the trashed room I moved out of  hahah. I have no shame lol.

See that's not bad at all. I've been into some fish rooms that were so dirty and smelly I never went back. There is always the tank smell some usually. But his was not overwhelming and made my eyes water lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Update time yay!

My blue and black angels arrived in Syracuse a bit ago. They will be Here at 5 AM! The joys of being related to the UPS driver lol. Now just to pay off the USPS driver and ill be set. Someday haha. My phone got broken the other day by a drunk guy at work. So using the backup phone which takes horrible pictures. I'll have more for you guys tomorrow. I'll steal the wife's phone. Due to a family emergency I am going to Ohio next week for 5 days. These guys are all going into my 55g that I planted today.

I had been plans on seperating them but I'm not 100% sure the smaller Tanks are cycled enough to leave a few days. My wife will be here but dont want her messing with the water lol. She's not bad at it just not with my new system I have going. Shell only feed once or twice anyways.

Bloody Marys are also getting delivered tomorrow. Then on Thursday I have a job interview for a promotion at work. After that swing by and pick my 6 rams up at the post office. Busy week! Its all coming together though. I setup 6-10g with ADA soil tonight. I had the soil cycling in a tank for 3 months. Be interesting to see if it leeches in the new tanks. Still cycling a month before using them.

Finally moved my Taiwan bee tank down was easier than I thought. I found I have twice as many shrimp as I thought lol. Tons of babies pulled out about 25 fry, few blue bolts, bkk and mischlings!

I ran all my new lines for the filters, installed 4 more double gang electrical boxes under my long shelf. Eliminated my extension cord I was using. Put a plug up by the ceiling to plug in my Alita. FYI the coords get hot on these when used on a coord.

avysy4ar.jpg

So had some eventful night. My neighbors sump pump shirted out and started a small fire. No damage other than the pump. They sent 5 trucks though my son was loving it lol.

That is really it for now have a few other things I need to update across my threads.

avy6uvat.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

post-124-140791360241_thumb.jpg

I use the heavy duty round orange extention cord for my Alita. Stays cool due to the larger wires.

I was running wires anyways and ran on to the wall.