Chris's Fish Room- Basement Remodel

ctaylor3737

dude. looking awesome so far. My only concern would have been with the moisture and textured ceiling

I saw you joined a facebook group I run LOL

It's got plastic sheeting first,mold resistant drywall and I painted it with waterproofing paint. If it molds I'll pay you to come fix it lol. 2 dehumidifiers and window fans to pull the air out in the summer. Should be pretty stable lol.

-Chris

dude. looking awesome so far. My only concern would have been with the moisture and textured ceiling

I saw you joined a facebook group I run LOL

Which one? u run?

-Chris

Looking really nice man, been awhile since I checked progress... you've been busy.

Yea man very busy. I update a lot, too much sometimes lol. it keeps me motivated and my ideas straight. Hard to do sometimes.

-Chris

pa7ebuvu.jpg

baquduty.jpg

Tile is completed!!! I Still have the laundry room and other parts to do but the main fish room area is complete! I will be able to finally grout it tomorrow went with a color called summer wheat. Goes pretty good with the tile!!

-Chris

Thanks man, lots of work! Dam knees are tore up lol. Kneepads helped but not after a few days on the knees lol. It looks good got it all grouted.

I'll post a pic when it's all cleaned up looks pretty crappy right now literally the grout is Brown so all the tile looks like mud haha. Worst part is cleaning it,off

Yea we have a local club, Tropical Fish Club of Erie County, monthly meetings 

Its a great group of people, and its a place where there is always 1-2 people that can answer just about any question

Im pritty sure im the only shrimper for at least 50 miles... lol probably some in Atlanta. .

Probably be surprised there is some lurking somewhere. Put an ad on CL lol.

Any new updates or plans coming up for the room?

Lots of updates, grout is all cleaned up and sealing it as we speak. I'll prime and paint the walls tomorrow, install the airlines and drain this weekend. I'll be doing most of the little things here and there this weekend. Want it completely done before I move. Don't want to have to create dust when I'm down there.

Thinking of putting a nice post around the floor Jack and trimming out the floor beam down there. I ran water lines to my water storage are when I did the ceiling. I'll have a hookup by the tanks for a future drip system or just easy refilling. Going to put a bunch of valves to be able to fill a few tanks at once. Still lots of planning and executing to do yet.

I'm off for a few days next week. Hoping to move all the tanks by Wednesday of next week. Pretty easy to do I believe. Then I'll be building some racks and plumbing all them.

Does anyone have any experience in placement of drains on tanks? I am going to drill the tanks and can't drill the bottom of them. This is going to be used just for drains, I will probably drill two while I am at it in case I want to put cannisters or something else on there. I was thinking lower on the tank instead of high like alot of people do. Not to low though because I will more than likely never drain a tank that low, want to be able to just open the valve and drain the tank. I will of course use bulkheads safe for the shrimps, I have been looking at a few different ones I havent decided.