Chris's Fish Room- Basement Remodel

ctaylor3737

Sound like your having lots of luck breeding your shrimp, hope the angels do better this time. Sorry to hear about you 90. Let me know if you want to buy or trade for a used 90 I have one in my garage collecting dust.

Sound like your having lots of luck breeding your shrimp, hope the angels do better this time. Sorry to hear about you 90. Let me know if you want to buy or trade for a used 90 I have one in my garage collecting dust.

Thanks for the offer, I actually pulled all the silicone out today. It was soo  old that I took it out with my fingers and just pulled on it and it all came out lol. So letting it dry tonight fully then tomorrow I am going to silicone it and let it dry for a week before I fill it again. I actually think I am getting a 125g from Chris in Jamesville. Seems a guy stiffed them on it and they are letting it go cheap. Going to see him tomorrow to grab it up! I will be able to reseal my 90, I am ordering my bulkheads today and just going to hook up a 30g sump on it instead of my cannisters. Will be alot more efficient to run with a sump then to have a few filters going at once.

UGH about the 90g.  Were you there when it happened?

Yea I was there, it was leaking and I seen it. Wasnt that bad but when I got home it was leaking a bit more so figured it was time to empty it out.

That's an idea, I will have to do that. Ill take some pictures tomorrow when I finally get around to doing it. I got all the silicone out today before work and have it cleaned up, put a fan in there to really make sure the tank is good and dry. Stopping at Lowes on the way home in the morning to get a few tubes of silicone. I use the GE silicone I to do this as its a lot cheaper than the others marked for aquatic use. I will write something up here later tonight when I get some free time!

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like its been forever since an update, I finally got the seal fixed on my 90g and it is up and running once again! All my tanks are a flurry of activity I really took a break from selling and stuff due to reasons that kept me from being active online. Still did alot of work in my fish room but life happens! My Sulawesi tank has more babies than I can count and I have setup another 20L for them so that I can give them a bigger home as they grow out of this 8g tank.

My Green Dragon Plecos that I have been trying to get to spawn for a year have finally paired up and I went down this morning and there are about 100 fry in the tank and they are very active and look great! I started to be more active in the local fish group and going to the meetings it has been alot of fun to meet the guys and hear thier stories about thier tanks! Besides here I only know of a handful of people in the area that are really into the shrimp and aquatics. My buddy and I have started a facebook group for central new york that has been getting pretty active. Check out CNYAS! I have also had some pretty good luck with my guppies and also my Taiwan Bee tank. I have probably 15 new Taiwan Bee shrimp that in my tank now. It seems like everything is going on a breeding kick! Or I have just left them alone long enough to really take off! I don't really remember the last time that I sold any shrimp in the mail. I have traded a few locally and sold some to the LFS but never really sold anything on here.

New stock pictures!

6ce0e093cf23c7430fb91045237801eb.jpg

Tube is out about to spawn

Green Dragon Plecos

33cfd88754ead0fb8961cb6b06826cb7.jpg

7bffc48b2e403cf7790d97d0abea96e1.jpg

d6a7d881920ea4a5b6101876cb7c48b1.jpg

0d3b1e07d71bcb31bd0e02a5371d554b.jpg

Not so sure these are bloody marys just have fry from them so well see.

97593caeb8f20a91223f30993e40ccfa.jpg

4851e3f66574167a612ee86c54f64b7f.jpg

451c0b5f28429b456d824bbae3f7b6d4.jpg

0446ad02beeb4f6b007f62beadf625d5.jpg

8917f43737b3a342971178087c506d99.jpg

fe3c8bff0a3084de90e00ed5f4afbc4a.jpg

I need to take more tomorrow of each tank. This is just the last few before lights out.

• 2 months later...

My pleco tanks have done great have a lot of fry that is a couple months old. They will be about the size to get rid of a few of them.

All the angels have been doing great! Have 10 philipino blues that are a couple months old now. Spawning has slowed down some and haven't seen much action this month. Had a few small discus spawns but they are terrible parents and eat the babies once they hatch.

-Chris

• 4 weeks later...

I now have 3 shadow crown mosuras in my TB tank! Now up to around 30 TB, and tons and tons of mischlings

• 10 months later...

Since I have neglected my awesome basement remodel, seems I owe everyone an update.

I am taking more pictures tomorrow to show the progress. It has been about a year since I updated this. As with all fish rooms it is still a work in progress.

Putting in central air was the best upgrade that I ever did. My fish room is quiet as I have my pump in my water storage room. I have no power filters or heaters anymore in my room. I have mostly went to LED lighting so my cost to run my fish room now is miniscule compared to what I used to use.

Tanks I have now:

X1 5.5, X15 10g, x4 20L, X2 29g, x1 55g, 180g tank empty but going up soon. I also focused on all my stands and framed them in to give a more of a show appearance.

I am also putting the 180g into the wall and having the backside open to my water storage area. I plan on creating a whole new journal for that progect. I will be a full high tech planted tank. No sure of stock yet but due to its size I will have alot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I love Killifish. I have just started playing with a few

Oh yea have a few of them, still working out the breeding process. I'm on the board for our local fish group and the president got me into the killifish group up here.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome thread; Back in the day, I was into a lot of the same fish too. Is your fish room finished? If possible, I would love to see more of it!

I plan on taking some pics tonight.

Great Fishroom.Thanks for sharing.

You might consider adding dehumidifier to keep humidity and eventually the mold away from the rest of the house.

Have 2 and a whole house good on the humidity. Keep a fan going always pulling the air out and tops on everything

• 3 weeks later...

Will be posting more updates tomorrow showing my whole room and all the changes.

My friend is coming with an awesome camera to shoot my new shrimp food in action and to highlight all the changes in my room.

Lots of exciting things coming as I am getting more back into shrimps. I used to be one of the top posters here at one time with Soothing. I have been around since there was 3 members lol.

A huge thanks to those of you who started this off. Did you ever imagine it would grow this big and be such an amazing group?

I figured it would, shrimps are becoming more popular in the U.S than they have been in a long time.

Here is a 40b I have setup, got back into some planted tanks. This one is high light, high co2, EI Ferts.

2caad2dba916d24db241fbce60f915ed.jpg

027c2b6ccd13e03d16b1738a3f107d30.jpg

2e0f83f80bdf597c2d2acd3aa4cf4d7a.jpg

845b4fd9cdb1b3d7c93b1edd6db17484.jpg

0cac91efd67636270a08da44a399d52c.jpg

c3e2cfd0050f32d12186309a861cd7bb.jpg

b7d9e48dae0b3e8a574266f30dd5774a.jpg

1204e19ebd878549d0a2b5d2e8b564a1.jpg

Theses are shrimp added today a year later. Looking pretty good!!!