Aquatic Arts

sarah

I have been looking for nerite snails locally without much luck.

I looked in 2-3 local petsmart/petco stores, and I am not impressed with the quality/health of their snails.

Has anyone here ever bought anything from Aquatic Arts? They have nerites available on Amazon, and the reviews are mostly very good. Would love to hear people's experiences with this seller/store.

I ordered some Sulawesi rabbit snails from them. Good quality, 1 snail died during shipment, but they added three snails belonging to another rabbit snail species as a bonus. I would order snails from them again.

Petsmart and Petco snails only live 1-2 weeks in their heavily medicated water. If you ask when they receive their next batch and be right there to get some, you'll get good snails.

In the winter I get snails from bobstropicalplants.com and in warmer weather I get them from ebay (if they are good deals). I've also read good reviews of Aquatic Arts.

It's what I do too. I know that my Petsmart receive shipments on Fridays. So, if I want to buy some I go to the store before they drop the snails in their water. That advise was given to me by a manager of the fish department.

Petsmart and Petco snails only live 1-2 weeks in their heavily medicated water. If you ask when they receive their next batch and be right there to get some, you'll get good snails.

Isn't that invertobsession's new name?

No, I don't believe so. Furthermore, I've ordered plants from invertobsession with good results, but not so good with live animals. However, I have ordered amanos, blue dreams, and nerites from AquaticArts and they arrived quickly and healthy. I would highly recommend AquaticArts. You can order from them through their website or on aquabid. http://www.aquaticarts.com/freshwater-snails

No, I don't believe so. Furthermore, I've ordered plants from invertobsession with good results, but not so good with live animals. However, I have ordered amanos, blue dreams, and nerites from AquaticArts and they arrived quickly and healthy. I would highly recommend AquaticArts. You can order from them through their website or on aquabid. http://www.aquaticarts.com/freshwater-snails

They are the same. InvertObsession = AquaticArts

InvertObsession is the biz that hijacked all my ads/photos of homebred shrimp on amazon to read the shrimp were coming from them instead.  Happened multiple times, and Amazon refused to do anything about it- even after I paid for UPC codes.

I eventually removed around 1000 of my ads because anybody could hijack my ads and make me look bad, and Amazon wouldn't do anything.

InvertObsession is the biz that hijacked all my ads/photos of homebred shrimp on amazon to read the shrimp were coming from them instead.  Happened multiple times, and Amazon refused to do anything about it- even after I paid for UPC codes.

I eventually removed around 1000 of my ads because anybody could hijack my ads and make me look bad, and Amazon wouldn't do anything.

Bryce, what do you mean my "hijacked"? Did they use your photos and the text with their seller name?

Do you know if InvertObsession changed the name to AquaticArts? Or are these other people?

Bryce, what do you mean my "hijacked"? Did they use your photos and the text with their seller name?

Do you know if InvertObsession changed the name to AquaticArts? Or are these other people?

My ads were on Amazon, and they would change the ad to say the shrimp was theirs, and give their contact info too. My UPC didn't mean squat.  They would rewrite the text and keep my photos/UPC at the time.  I contacted them several times, and they didn't care.  Neither did Amazon.  It was beyond frustrating.  Haven't looked on Amazon for awhile now for shrimp, so don't know if they still are using my photos or not.  Nothing I could do anyway, so I wrote off the incident.

Don't know if it is the same people, but if it is as the posters here have said it is, I have no love for their selling tactics.

If they arent "invertobsession's" then I have no input in this matter. What makes this subject difficult is places like "invertobsession's" operate under several names and you have no idea of who or what your dealing with. That is why I made the decision to deal with people on here who are well known, especially when it comes to live animals.

I ordered over $200 worth of low light plants and was shorted or they substituted  plants that required more light. Wouldn't answer emails and sent me some moss that I can go get in a bog on a log near my house, it fell apart into tiny pieces and made a huge mess in my tank just to shut me up.

They took my brothers money for some RCS, after 3 weeks of emails they finally replied back and told him they took more orders than what they had and would take another two weeks to fulfill order.  I used to own the 3rd largest paintball internet site and my philiopshy was and still is "Dont take people's money if you dont have it in stock!"

• 2 weeks later...

Aquatic Arts openly says "Formerly Invert Obsession". I bought some assassin snails from them to fix pond snail problem in my wife's tank. Lazy lazy snails (are assassins normally?), They didn't noticeably touch the pond snails. I think one of the 5 is alive a few months later.

Stuff showed up on time and alive.

Okay, regardless, I've done business with both entities and have had mostly bad results with InvertObsession and nothing but good with Aquatic Arts.