Rocking the boat

ctaylor3737

Soo funny story yet again about the planted tank. I left with many others awhile back due to getting banned by over zealous admins. Finally went back last week and posted a for sale thread. Apparently ONE of my 10 pictures had a watermark and guess who got banned for 30 days for first offense. This guy LMAO, just sharing a little humor. Should have stayed away but it's funny now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

yup because it probably refers to his website which in their eyes is taking business away from the paid sponsors of the forum.

Funny part is I was a paid sponsor. It was watermarked ctaylor c. Wasn't referring to my site at all. That's the crazy part, I could see if I put my site or site name on it. I knew better than that got warned two years ago for doing that.

Han and a few others got into it with one admin swinging his ban hammer uncontrollably and we called him out. Got banned for out bursts or some stupid reason. They have NO customer service, they will not respond to any emails.

If you watermark your own picture it's a ban offence?

Yep it can't be linked to anyone but them. Even a paid sponsor you can't post pictures in thier threads with anything watermarked or copyright. It's bogus, I want at least my name on a picture I took. I found a guy selling my shrimp on a Facebook forum that was my picture. Lmao.

yikes man, well we are happy to have you hear!

Lol not the first time. I think Han has me beat in bans haha. We both told that guy what we think. I got banned for calling him out last time for booting Han.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I saw other people mention peoples websites all the time and as long as it wasn't self promotion they typically didn't care but there were a few that ticked them off for some reason. 

LOL  I got threatened to be banned several different times.  Off the top of my head...

1) I wrote the mod to let them know a member was pming other members with no good reason other than trying to ruin another reputation to get sales for themselves.   The mod wrote back and attacked me verbally for reporting this since pm's are "private."  So I wrote an angry pm to the mod telling him what I thought his job should be, and even if he didn't agree- he should treat people with respect.  Yeah... that got me almost banned. heh

2) I replied to a subject about shrimp, and the mod wrote me to let me know I was given a warning and if again, I would be suspended.  Confused, I asked around to my friends in pm and found out the mod had told people to stop talking about it- but HOURS after I had posted my reply- not BEFORE my reply as was indicated in his pm.  When I contacted the mod to let them know the timeline didn't match up, I got no action- but I did get threatened to be banned for causing trouble to the mod in pm. (?)

After some other times like this, and others being treated like that, I emailed Will and suggested it was time to make our own forum.  He agreed. :)

This forum's core belief is to have trust in membership self policing, open knowledge and members of all ages to be treated as family. 

Don't get me wrong, the other forum was good, but I MUCH prefer the way this forum is run...but that's just my opinion. ;) I'm biased.

I must say, I signed up on this site months before actually participating and conversating, selling etc. I sat back and just watched the interactions and read the posts - and I just loved how much good info was on this site and that there were no heated debates here, disrespect or useless info. There is  Lots of respect, good information and nice people. I don't want to be part of a forum where that bad stuff is going on and where you cannot tell someone to buy a product at hans shop or go google something, or a watermark on a photo without being banned or warned. Its so silly and I agree some things need to be controlled to maintain order, things like slander or bullying - but all those warnings for really insignificant things is just a turn off for anyone.

I'm really happy I found this site and I try to log on daily because its just that enjoyable!

Thanks to those who created this site!

I must say, I signed up on this site months before actually participating and conversating, selling etc. I sat back and just watched the interactions and read the posts - and I just loved how much good info was on this site and that there were no heated debates here, disrespect or useless info. There is  Lots of respect, good information and nice people. I don't want to be part of a forum where that bad stuff is going on and where you cannot tell someone to buy a product at hans shop or go google something, or a watermark on a photo without being banned or warned. Its so silly and I agree some things need to be controlled to maintain order, things like slander or bullying - but all those warnings for really insignificant things is just a turn off for anyone.

I'm really happy I found this site and I try to log on daily because its just that enjoyable!

Thanks to those who created this site!

agree 100% with you. The dynamics are different here, even compared to my home forum/group. 

lets just keep it going and keeping it positive.

LOL!!!!! good ol. robo cop mod over there.

I was a paid sponsor for $300 a month and still got banned lol!

I posted in a WTB I had the item and got banned...

LOL!!!!! good ol. robo cop mod over there.

I was a paid sponsor for $300 a month and still got banned lol!

I posted in a WTB I had the item and got banned...

I always wondered why you got banned there Han. Thats insane.

Ha-ha ya that's all i got out of it email the company that's owns them back and forth for about a month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk