Pumped....

randy

Totally off topic, my parents' families both hail from Taiwan. I hope you'll have some photos of more than just shrimp that I can show them!

I'm an invert newb, back to lurking now.

Suggestion gladly taken... we'll be driving over 800 miles which may not seem a lot, but consider the island is only 250miles long ;-)

I'll be taking more than just shrimp related picture, but also a photo tour of Taiwan for you guys.

Some of the aquatic stores over there are absolutely incredible. Little hole in the walls with more stock, variety and viewing goodness than any LFS I have seen here.

Some of the aquatic stores over there are absolutely incredible. Little hole in the walls with more stock, variety and viewing goodness than any LFS I have seen here.

Aren't a majority if "hole in the wall" establishments the best? This is usually applicable to food places. [emoji3]

He tried to leave today... A crew member on the flight got sick and they couldn't find a replacement since you need at least 4 crew members to fly a 777 so they canceled his flight already..

He tried to leave today... A crew member on the flight got sick and they couldn't find a replacement since you need at least 4 crew members to fly a 777 so they canceled his flight already..

That's a bummer. I am sure he's ready to get out of cold Canada and to some decent weather.

Yeah, the trip was horrible but I got my home in Taiwan Saturday morning ET. Thanks all for the messages.

Having been fed like a pig and drink like a hipo for the last two days.... ready for some local aquarium store visit and then pictures will start coming in..... Let me finish those three bottle of black labels first.... Stay tuned ;-)

Yeah, the trip was horrible but I got my home in Taiwan Saturday morning ET. Thanks all for the messages.

Having been fed like a pig and drink like a hipo for the last two days.... ready for some local aquarium store visit and then pictures will start coming in..... Let me finish those three bottle of black labels first.... Stay tuned ;-)

Glad you finally made it safe and sound! We are all ready for some pics and updates.

So, I visited a few local aquarium stores including a chain store, as I expected, none of them liked my idea of taking pictures.

I didn't expect much as none of them really has much shrimp stuff... however, I talked the chain store to allow me to take some shots on the individual tanks, nothing spectacular. The reason the female store manger gave me was that there is another store copies the entire store layout in a different country, so they don't allow people to do so anymore.

They have about 20 small planted tanks, I am not a planted tank guy but really like what they did to them,

20141112_131046_zpslz0hhujm.jpg

20141112_131041_zpsyafwrkut.jpg

Bucephalandra has become really popular in the last few years, and here you can get them in the store. Price-wise, all around $15-$25.

20141112_130854_zpsjphqladq.jpg

For planted tank enthusiasters,  next Monday I will visit a very nice planted/Shrimp store in Taipei, you will see much more there I promise.

This store does have a very small shrimp section consisting of two split tanks.

20141112_132643_zpslnlymnpo.jpg

Nothing special, prices tend to be higher than from breeders but still pretty reasonable. TBs are like around $10-$15 each. CRS/CBS around $2-$5, pure line looking ones are like $8 (pretty good colour but nothing great).

20141112_131401_zpsr9qqeset.jpg

20141112_131358_zpsrrqlutgc.jpg

20141112_131343_zpsxb7ga14d.jpg

The shrimp breeders are all arranged so I will post much more with an interview. One publisher may want to print a magazine like edition...but we will have to see how much we get from the interview.