Pumped....

randy

I'd like to think the curl is bred naturally and not "man-made." :)

That I'm not sure, I think it might be selectively bred from an mutate. But that's just my guess.

Now, first interview is in progress, let me share just the first pic I took at MK BREED's office.

20141117_143228_zpsiotlzays.jpg

Many pics and part of the interview will be online tomorrow morning US/Canada time, from MK BREED, Crimson Taiwan, Uro Farm, and another breeder (I mean, it's 4pm here and we're still doing the first one.... ;-)

Interview on Crimson Taiwan was completed about 3 hours ago, and the interview with Yi's Aquarium Shrimp Art Studio is almost done. I think I will not be able to post much in the next few hours because, man, I learned SO MUCH in the last few hours......

I won't hide anything (a few things breeders don't want to make public, not my choice), but it will take time for me to properly organize the info.

So, from just the two almost completed ones (MK's interview was cut short because we want to leave more time for the other two today, the rest of his interview will be done while we do our 1500 kiometer tour), purple TB is already in, also the Galaxy and other types of Pintos. Even hints for people interested in new species development from an expert in this area.

Bear with me..... I ensure you the wait is well worth it.

PS: Sam from Yi's even provided some of his products as prizes to be won in this forum !!

Randy the trip sounds phenomenal so far!! Next time you go bring some of us, this would be such an amazing experience.

That I'm not sure, I think it might be selectively bred from an mutate. But that's just my guess.

I don't have a problem with that.  heh  I do have a problem when they do things like make cuts into fish to create a form.  Ie. The "Heart" Parrot Cichlid created by cutting off the tail when young. 

4f3a4038dc269.jpg

If you could get a name for that curl fish, I'd very much appreciate it.  A phone call should do it. :)

"a few things breeders don't want to make public, not my choice"

... getting me all curious... Why!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they don't want to tip their hat to secrets they have for their tanks, and new projects working on in fear someone else will beat them putting them out first.

I don't have a problem with that.  heh  I do have a problem when they do things like make cuts into fish to create a form.  Ie. The "Heart" Parrot Cichlid created by cutting off the tail when young. 

4f3a4038dc269.jpg

If you could get a name for that curl fish, I'd very much appreciate it.  A phone call should do it. :)

Okay, I talked to my fish breeder friends, this fish is called "Unicorn", and unfortunately, it is formed by cutting a small piece of meat on the back and the survivors will look like "unicorns" ;-(

Sorry for posting that picture and I will remove it now...

"a few things breeders don't want to make public, not my choice"

... getting me all curious... Why!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few things some breeders don't feel comfortable publishing, I have to respect their wish and I hope readers will understand.

One of them is how to increase the size of PRL, as you may find that if you selectively breed the same line of PRL, the size will become smaller and smaller. He gave the solution but wish it not published. I will ask him again today to reconsider this. There are tons other things they don't mind publishing so you may forget about this.

I will try to unleash this one... by accident maybe, in the full interview.

Before the interview is posted (I really underestimated the time needed to transform the raw info into a proper interview writeup), let me give some preview/breeder profile.

20141117_175801_zpsqzijgjdx.jpg

Facility Name: Crimson Taiwan

Breeder Interviewed: Tai Cheng (Store and Breeding facility manager of Crimson Taiwan)

20141117_192559_zpswegctc16.jpg

Profile:

Type - Storefront

Number of Tanks: 35 in showroom, 200+ in the breeding facility (basement of the store)

Shrimp Keeping Experience: 9 years

Type of Shrimps: CRS/CBS, PL CRS/CBS, All types of TB (no Neos or Pinto)

Facility Name: Yi's Aquarium Shrimp Art Studio

Breeder Interviewed: Sam (in the middle)

20141117_195826_zpsorozwuw3.jpg

Profile:

Type - Showroom

Number of Tanks: 45 tanks in showroom, another 110 tanks in another location not open for viewing.

Shrimp Keeping Experience: 7 years

Type of Shrimps: PRL CRS, Taiwan bees, Pintos and many under development new morphs.

Sam is famous in new species development, in his facility I saw Galaxy Pinto, New Pinto morphs (no name yet), and purple TB (I got MK to take picture for these purple TW, since he is professional)

Winner of the recent 2014 International Invitational in Taiwan, Pinto category.

20141117_200202_zpsbmvv5lg0.jpg

Okay, I talked to my fish breeder friends, this fish is called "Unicorn", and unfortunately, it is formed by cutting a small piece of meat on the back and the survivors will look like "unicorns" ;-(

You don't have to remove it.  If anything, you should leave it up so people are aware of how they are created.

You don't have to remove it.  If anything, you should leave it up so people are aware of how they are created.

I completely, agree. It is very informative. For me, mutilating animals is highly unethical and unacceptable. This includes injecting dye into fish and shrimps. It also shows that they fail as breeders, because they are unable to breed the desired features.

Dog breeders and others have been mutilating and crippling their animals for a long time, e.g. cropping or clipping tails (prolonged spines!) and ears for a long tine.

Thanks a lot for your great reporting. I am very excited to follow your progress.