Chris's Fish Room- Basement Remodel

ctaylor3737

Looking good.

Thanks picking up the durock today. got the room all cleared out and cleaned up. man I'll be glad when it's done. Soo close lol.

-Chris

This is excellent lol.

wait until the racks start getting built! then it will be perfect!!!!

-Chris

Yea I did that before,lol. Can still see spots where it didn't come up. Not,doing that again lol. I got all the backer board will lay some tile tomorrow! Ahead of schedule. Time to enjoy some good food! Happy 4th of July guys

-Chris

e2u5yve4.jpg

sarura7a.jpg.

quhunazu.jpg

4ubu4ebu.jpg

muhebehy.jpg

Hardibacker is down, ready for tile tomorrow! Chalking some lines now to get my patter set. Man been awhile since I did a large room, going to lay it dry first to see my pattern lol

-Chris

This is going to be an epic room!Wish we had basementsbin our houses.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

You don't put down the tape that goes on the seams, or is that later?

I do it as I'm tiling, found it leaves a slight raise if done before. I put thinset over plywood and then Hardibacker. screwed down Was pretty easy. man tons better than durock

-Chris

Chris just a quick word of caution concerning the LED strips we can buy them here too but they burn rather quick if the evaporation gets a hold of them.Are you planning on waterproofing them somehow maybe a plexiglass covering or even some DC fix plastic stuck over them? Had some of them over one of my tanks and they did not last a month.

Regards:

Shaun

Yea man I bought the water proof ones. I am putting them in a Finnex light housing. I dropped it in my tank one to many times lol. Figured it would be easy to slap one in there. I'm going to be also fabricating a light to attach to the bottom side of my rack shelve. I plan on having all my tanks covered to. I'll have a lot of tanks down there so want to try to minimize evaporation. The waterproof ones I got,are covered in silicone I believe. I actually got the speed clips to put the strips together today. Should be able to mess around with them after I get this tile down. Starting now!!!!!

-Chris

Lol if you have the watertight ones you should be golden.As for the issue with the evaportion I would use glass sliders lest all the moisture get into your very good carpentry and ruining it all.

Lol if you have the watertight ones you should be golden.As for the issue with the evaportion I would use glass sliders lest all the moisture get into your very good carpentry and ruining it all.

have two dehumidifier running and will have tops on all of them!

-Chris

You really did think this through Chris.I like it a lot.Could someone please explain what a wet basement is?

So then it is not something intentional.I was wondering why someone would want something like that in close proximity to timber. LOL

Yea man I live in an old wetland. Have a sump pump and French drain system. Its common here, just have to know how it works, mines sealed tight lol

-Chris

Everytime I read through this forum I am stunned at what people can so to make there fish rooms a reality. Great work

if you do it yourself it's easier!

-Chris