Chris's Fish Room- Basement Remodel

ctaylor3737

And I can finish the main room quicker less drywall lol. Gets expensive after a few sheets. Up to 700$ now, well almost 9 if you count the air pump I just bought.

-Chris

Update ..:

Weekend was very successful, got the room fully cleaned out and would have to say well on the way to being done. I decided to put a separate laundry room in. This will also be the area Where my 55g storage barrels will be.

Still need to sketch out the tanks and figure out What I'm doing f o r b plumbing.

-Chris

Me to lol! Should be done by the end of the month hopefully. Its taking a little longer than I Thought but will be good when it's done. My alita will,be here tomorrow!

-Chris

Anyone know of any good sump pumps that will pump about 6ft high and 8 feet over to the tanks? Just to pump from the circulation storage barrel over to the tank. I wouldnt imagine I would need anything fancy, just something that isnt going to do it too quickly. I could also put the barrel up on a stand as high as I can and just do a gravity feed, would be harder to do with higher tanks though. Any ideas and suggestions???

8 tanks? if |I counted right? if you ever sell your house ...they will be asking... :D awsome project i want to do the same so I keep on reading.... :)

If I ever sell I would tear them  down to before I started showing, good thing about tanks is nothings permanent.

I'll have a few tanks lol. Have 20 10s, 4 30s, 4 20L, 55g, 90, 150. An 8g, 4g, and a few 5.5g. Going to run a sponge to each tank. Not a fan of,central filters. Had a bug wipe half my Discus tanks once. Would never do it again.

-Chris

Well finally gathered my alita-60 in.

6yzuzehu.jpg

I have all the drywall up and almost the last coat done on the drywall finishing. Will probably get some paint this weekend to prime the walls. Will install my airlines and ceiling lights in this weekend.

Have the whole room cleaned up! Need to put up one piece of drywall in the closet. Man can't wait to get this done, been itching to build some more tank stands. Displaying some self control lol, taking my time and getting the room done right. I decided to put fiberglass in behind the drywall, probably unneeded since I put the foam up. Figured why not since it,was a void and should,be filled.

Anyone have any experience putting alita in? I've heard putting a larger tube would cut down on the noise. Plan on putting a bleed valve in for extra air.

-Chris

Can't wait to see the finished product. As far as sound dampening go is why not build a small enclosure then line it with noise dampening foam. I think you can get it at auto stores.

Have a gniess day. -Scott

I'm putting it up,on a shelf in my closet then running the pvc through the wall. Going to make a closed loop system.

-Chris

Ok so I am a little decisive on the lighting size that I want to put down there. Anyone have any comments on the recessed lighting? I will be getting them at Lowes because I receive 10% off, so always shop there unless its cheaper than that. I want decent lighting down there just not to sure what will give me the best for my money, size wise that is. I want to but them on a dimmer switch so that I can dim the lights down if I need to at night.

I have my Alita in a small room adjacent to my fish room sort of what you're doing. I ran the pvc through a hole in the wall near the ceiling and a closed loop around the room. As far as sound I have zero issues. You can't hear the pump running unless you're in the same room and next to the pump. I added a few extra air valves near the tanks and if you run some airline from the valve (say a few feet) and let two or three of these be your bleeder valves you're good to go. I can't even hear the air whispering out of them.

I have my Alita in a small room adjacent to my fish room sort of what you're doing. I ran the pvc through a hole in the wall near the ceiling and a closed loop around the room. As far as sound I have zero issues. You can't hear the pump running unless you're in the same room and next to the pump. I added a few extra air valves near the tanks and if you run some airline from the valve (say a few feet) and let two or three of these be your bleeder valves you're good to go. I can't even hear the air whispering out of them.

Awesome thanks! exactly the answer I was looking for! did you put the alita up high? on a shelf?

-Chris

did you put the alita up high? on a shelf?

Not at first. I had it on the concrete floor because I thought it would dampen any noise. I got worried about future backflow and put it up on a shelf. Putting it up higher on a shelf did not make it louder at all. I was a newbie to this whole central air thing a few momths ago too so ask questions if more come up.

:):)

Not at first. I had it on the concrete floor because I thought it would dampen any noise. I got worried about future backflow and put it up on a shelf. Putting it up higher on a shelf did not make it louder at all. I was a newbie to this whole central air thing a few momths ago too so ask questions if more come up.

cool thanks, yea as good as it sounds a lot of people don't seem to do it. It's so much cheaper having one pump than 12. Not a lot of info out there on the subject. thanks

-Chris

Honestly I would say taps are taps. I mean your creating threads in pvc with stuff used in steal. Get the cheap ones, we do at work for chasing threads and they last a long time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk