Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

Ohh yea, of course. I meant this thread is getting a little long. I enjoyed all these pictures here but how about a subforum where people can start their own threads and of course others can comment and post their related (or not) pictures and what not?

For what it's worth, I like having this thread in existence, although it'd be fine for people to have their own threads as well. I just like having one thread to check for a variety of new fancy shrimp pics. I'd be less likely to click down a list of different threads.

A photography tips and tricks discussion thread would be good though!

Not sure if I'm posted this one but here's one of my Ruby Red I got from a buddy.

pepebuda.jpg

Good Looking Shrimp Chef. I am debating on purchasing some Ruby Red and/or Wine Red TBs.

Why not both?! It would be rare to find strictly Red Wine or strictly Ruby Red. Their genes have been so heavily mixed that you'll likely have a mix of Red Wine and Ruby Red at birth.

My buddy (who gave me his Red Wine) even gets red bolts from his stock. Percentages are low, but the bolts are interesting. I'm hoping I get some red bolts so I can experiment on.

you have pics of the red bolts?

Is have to ask him. I don't have any on hand. From what I remember colors isn't as great as Blue Bolt which could be why they're not as popular. I have him some minerals that really helped my Blue Bolt colored up but we'll see how that goes.

Chef, your right about the low light. I don't use a flash. These shrimp are in a 10g using 10w mini compact bulbs and the room light turned off. The aperture is f/4.5 and shutter speed is 1/60 sec. Glad you like them!