Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

Here's what I was taught. PRL is any CRS whose lineage has never seen golden bee genes in their dna from crossing to get the fuller or whiter white.

So the way I see it is, an ugly looking PRL, that can be called a low grade CRS, can indeed be a PRL by definition.

But those 3 letters to me mean money and quality. Not money and CRS with GB gene.

That does have some serious purple going on! I also like the bit  of black on it's head. You might be on to something! :thumbsu:

Wow, is she a bit purple?!

That does have some serious purple going on! I also like the bit of black on it's head. You might be on to something! :thumbsu:

Guys really seeing purple?? I don't... Just looks like a deep blue. She does have black markings on the back of her head. That's her "Mosura" markings.

ch3f, correct me if I'm wrong- but the part that looks purple- is that really white covered with lesser blue density? That gives the illusion of purple on camera sometimes.

I'm not sure though because she looks to have red on her tail...

It's could be the lighting. She never really walked into my flash zone. She has no white on her body but the blend of black and blue could give the illusion of a purplish color. She doesn't have a reddish tail. It's the green background I believe. But I'm not 100% sure why it's coming off as red. LOL!!

To me it looks purple in the mid section

Hmmm. Okay.. *declaration* I have a new strain Taiwan Bee. Purple color bolts. I'll call it Purple Bolts. Or maybe raspberry bees. Please PM for pricing. [emoji12]

It is brown patches. When at certain camera's and lighting's angles, chromatic aberration caused by tank glass that sum up blue and brown and, you get purple.

I guess, the actual shrimp should looks something like the following:

DSCF7604-FIXED.jpg

Thanks for explaining it. Very nice BLUE BOLT, however, it's not a signature Raspberry Bolt like mines, as you can see clearly.

Please guys, PM me for more info regarding this one of a kind bolt. Hehehe! [emoji38]

I get a purple tint in my blue diamonds sometimes. I don't use a flash so it might be from the led's. However, I am due for new glasses! Hehe

Raspberry? Looks more grape to me. :P

But grape bolts sounds ugly and wrong! Hahah!!

I get a purple tint in my blue diamonds sometimes. I don't use a flash so it might be from the led's. However, I am due for new glasses! Hehe

Lol! Colors is so subjective. Just trying to prove a point that it's so funny how people try to claim random stuff as new and exciting to shave a few bucks off folks. I seriously don't see the purple hue.

I wonder if it would be possible in the future.  hmmmmmm  It all depends how the pigmentation works.  The current idea is that crs are technically cbs with a mutation that turns the red to black. BB are supposedly just poorly colored layers of black over white.

For purple, the blue-black would have to be either layered or interspersed between red.  So since current thinking is that either one OR the other can occur in the same space, a future mutation would have to occur to make it possible to have both share the space, methinks.

I've been gushing about this all day, but this is my FIRST ever berried female... EVER! I just recently introduced my Neon Yellows into their tank about a week ago and noticed on 10/23 that this one was berried. It's been two days, and I am still kind of freaking out. I am obsessed with watching her fan her eggs and graze on moss. Did I mention I was obsessed? >.>

IMG_2293.jpg