Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

These are very to being show grade. You'd maybe even get placed as they are.

Gorgeous shrimp!

Thanks! That means a lot.

Here's a Blue Bolt baby that's part of my mineral experiment. Because of its unique head pattern, I'll be easier to distinguish when it grows older. There's about 8 other Blue Bolt babies inside this tank with similar white lower bodies.

5aqysere.jpg

Thanks! That means a lot.

Here's a Blue Bolt baby that's part of my mineral experiment. Because of its unique head pattern, I'll be easier to distinguish when it grows older. There's about 8 other Blue Bolt babies inside this tank with similar white lower bodies.

5aqysere.jpg

yeah that pattern is really cool

Another MK Breed PRL CRS- Photo taken with iPhone 4S.

post-127-0-04802200-1413462329_thumb.jpg

I just love looking through this thread.  So many beautiful shrimp.  You guys know your stuff!!  I have a 10g cycling currently.  Have not decided yet which shrimp I want to house. I have had rcs and I like the rili shrimp - they seem pretty hardy. So I guess I should stick with neos.  Are there good breeders on this forum that also sell their shrimp?  All I can do right now is look at your photos and dream about my tank.

I just love looking through this thread. So many beautiful shrimp. You guys know your stuff!! I have a 10g cycling currently. Have not decided yet which shrimp I want to house. I have had rcs and I like the rili shrimp - they seem pretty hardy. So I guess I should stick with neos. Are there good breeders on this forum that also sell their shrimp? All I can do right now is look at your photos and dream about my tank.

If you want neos, look for Soothing Shrimp. :D

Mayphly,

Mind if I ask for a FTS of your Sulawesi setup? I want to see how you have the housed because I've been thinking about setting up a Sulawesi tank myself but can't figure what plants to use. They have strange requirements so plants seems restrictive.

Here's a pic of my tank. It doesn't look like much!lol! The plants in it are needle java, pelia, and java moss. There's a few marimo balls in there as well. I have a bit of the dreaded clado algae growing in there. It started to appear when I first set up the tank and was running a high light. The shrimp love it. I hate it. I have switched over to a lower light to help get rid of the clado. It seems to be working.

post-89-0-13043300-1413657878_thumb.jpg

My sulawesi tank parameters are

TDS 200

PH 8.2

GH 7

KH 5

Temp 81-83

Yeah... I don't know about mosses in there. My java moss barely grows in there. The pelia does great! It grows bushy and lush! :D