The Journals of ThegardenofEder

TheGardenofEder

Thanks I've put a lot of effort in making this possible a lot of is is due to my girlfriend who helps out on every project. As well as all the support I get from here, facebook, and my local clubs as well as all the shrimp and plants everyone had bought off me to make my shrimp room happen. Much appreciation to you all.

I believe I spent $200 in wood, $60 in screws, $450 on tanks, $160 in sponge filters, $30 on air pump, $80 for the closed loop system, substrate varys from tank to tank $3 to $20 for a ten. haven't done lights yet. Not sure if you wanted full price of the dry wall and floor remodel as well. Also that's just the fish room not all my tanks and racks in my living room.

Let me tackle it this way.

1.Red Cherry

Breeding like crazy most of the locals buy these off me before they are available on here.

2.Red Rilli

Breeding well have a few orangeish yellow red rillis pop up and about to throw them into their own tank.

3.Green Jade

Not a lot of green going on but lots of breeding.

4.Blue Dream

Just started a new tank for these and baby's already all over the filter and still another berried.

5.Blue Diamond

Need to start a new tank for blacks and blues.

6.Black Rose

My colony has grown enough I'm about to do a heavy cull.

7.Chocolates

Many berrieds all the time locals have been taking these but still have more available.

8.Orange Neo

On their way back from the dragon fly nymph slaughter. On the other hand forgot to label orange rillis and I have loads of baby's 2 tanks already set up for them they should be available in a month or so.

9.Black Carbon Rilli

Just got me not long ago should be expecting saddles soon.

10.Blue Carbon Rilli 

About to move them from my btoe tank to their own.

11.Yellow Neo

Had baby's but afraid I don't see any.

12.Bloody Marry

Lots of baby's should be available right after the orange rillis.

13.Green Babaulti 

Not sure if these are going to make it Dont see any of the baby's and not sure if I can break my streak of bad luck with imports.

14.Snow Balls

Fresh baby's and a new saddled female slowly but surely these are populating.

15.Wasabi

Berried but I'm almost positive these are a wild neo.

16.Tigers

Two Berried females and my first Gen is almost to juvie size.

17.Tangerine Tigers

Lots of baby's and berrieds should be available in a month or so.

18.OEBT

Moved them to my 55 gallon and breeding has stopped need to figure this one out.

19.Royals

Still juvis no Berrieds yet from the royal only tank.

20.BTOE

Still juvis.

21.Aura Blue Tigers

Very deep blue in color need to start a new tank in low ph.

22.Red Tigers

Lots of babys and berried females about to set up a 55 gallon for them.

23.Crs

About to scrap my crs don't really have a use for them.

24.CBS

Waiting my first berried to be due any day now.

24.Golden Bees

Waiting for them to adapt to their new tank.

25.Snow whites

^

26.PRL

Rabbits available now about to set up another tank for these.

27.PBL

Just got them still juvis.

28.Pandas

Finally going to set up a bkk tank for just blacks these are doing well.

29.Black King Kongs

^ goal is to get more extreme black king kongs.

30.Shadow Pandas 

Going to set up a tank with just shadow pandas getting more from shrimp scales tomorrow as well as pandas.

31.Blue Bolts

These are awesome breeders and I've been selling them like hot cakes. The juvis I let grow out are starting to get stunning color.

32.Red Pandas

So many babys in several tanks never thought I'd have this many wines.

33.Red King Kong

I'm up to 4 extreme red king kongs now.

34.Yellow King Kong

Waiting for a friend to breed these out so we can trade and I'll set up a tank just for these.

35.Ghost Bees

These will be available very soon and I will have a bunch and still many berried females.

36.Low Grade Red Crystals

Still juvis.

37.Blue Tibees (snow white x aura)

Lots of Babys about to move these to a bigger tank.

38.Orange Tibees (ttxcrs-tb)

Lots of babys these will be available shortly these f2s have more markings then my f1s except for the few I didn't cull.

39.Red Tibees (CrsxRed Tiger)

These are going to be hard for me to let go I just moved all of the none berried adults and my male pinto out of the tank. Going to be culling this tank like crazy. Also have a 55 gallon for the culls to go in probably has close to 200 culls now.

40.Black Tibees (CbsxOebt)

Will have some of these available in the near future as well.

41.Red Spot Pintos

I got 2 so far bred by myself.

42. Black Zebra Pintos

About to set up a tank just for these.

43.Taitibees

Starting to see some nice wine taitibees waiting for them to grow out. 

44.Cardinals

Now in a 40 gallon breeder as well as their original 20 gallon I'm seeing berrieds in the 40 and baby's in the 20.

46.Michilings

These have exploded for me I never keep any males they all go into hybrid tanks so all my michilings are tb x michiling and I'm getting lots of wines in tanks with no wines even got another extreme from a michiling.

Lot of shrimps... :)
I keep 13 tanks and thats a lot for me. 

How about the water change every week?

Everything is coming along slowly these pups have slowed me down a bit. Need to finish setting up 9 more ten gallons and the 3 40 gallon tanks and the fish room will be fully set up just need to get some leds. Have a 55 gallon cycled for red tigers just haven't planted it yet. Have 2 ten gallons cycling the sl aqua method. I have been feeding my shrimp more recently seeing if my shrimp will grow faster ect. So far no improvements but will give it some more time.

20160512_131731.jpg

20160512_111008.jpg

20160512_110901.jpg

20160512_110531.jpg

20160512_110453.jpg

20160512_110352.jpg

Honestly it's not worth traveling to but if your in town I font mind showing it to fellow hobbiests. One day hopefully in the next two years or less I will have a nice building just for my aquatics that would be open to the public.

I have been feeding my shrimp more recently seeing if my shrimp will grow faster ect. So far no improvements but will give it some more time.

What are you feeding? I see only snowflake? Try more non-soy-protein rich foods.

I normally just use the snow flake for when I'm catching shrimp because all of my shrimp will come out for snow flake. Other foods don't have as much as a turn out. I feed a wide variety of food though almost all of Hans food, all aqua, lowkeys, mk, and a few more.

2 hours ago, TheGardenofEder said:

I normally just use the snow flake for when I'm catching shrimp because all of my shrimp will come out for snow flake. Other foods don't have as much as a turn out. I feed a wide variety of food though almost all of Hans food, all aqua, lowkeys, mk, and a few more.

Are you add bacters?

After i add bacter Ae, baby food and shrimps daddy stuff, shrimps dont eat anything... :)

I feed very litle every two days nows , and the most days i see food , that they dont eat..

• 2 weeks later...

So my cat had kittens on Friday and i still cant believe it she's still a kitten herself we took her to get fixed and the vet came back to tell us she's prego. I found this cat on the size of a house during a clean up job and was never able to find a good home for her so what better home then mine. Till she ate a killies fish and then an axolotl baby and she quickly became an out door cat. She made my tiki bar her home and I guess she found a boyfriend real quick. But when I found her she barely had any teeth and was very tiny and we'll so now my kitten has kittens.

20160522_083845.jpg

20160521_075855.jpg

20160521_075530.jpg

20160521_081034.jpg

Just a few updates the 36 ten gallon rack is set up and that includes 9 tens with sl aqua soil. Cycling two more tens with sl aqua as well in the hallway. My 55 gallon is fully cycled going to scape it and add red tigers when I can. I have everything I need to build another grow bed for my pond,  need glass cut to make sump for 190 gallon, when I can I'll get more crushed coral for 2 more 40 gallon sulawessi tanks, and about to set up a 40 with black Diamond for something probably orange rillis their booming.

20160529_082636.jpg

20160528_185037.jpg

20160529_095127.jpg

20160529_094547.jpg

20160529_085438.jpg

20160529_084420.jpg

20160529_094437.jpg

20160529_083800.jpg

20160527_192627.jpg