Pumped....

randy

Jeeeesh that's scary.  I'm guessing a canister is involved to remove the nasties almost immediately?  I can't imagine only a sponge in that case.

I won't do that.

So how exactly are their tanks set up? Do they all run canister filters and UGFs?

You will be shocked when you read the details.

Jeeeesh that's scary. I'm guessing a canister is involved to remove the nasties almost immediately? I can't imagine only a sponge in that case.

Max has hundreds of tanks in that location and 0 canister.

I know people calls him "中年海佬“, the real name I need to dig.

I found it:

織茂淳

Finally....I will get you one too.

You can get quite a bit of mechanical filtration out of a sponge filter IF you clean it regularly.

I saw one breeder uses a turkey baster like device to test if the sponges need cleaning.. quite a nice trick.

I think, if I count it right, one more winner for MK's question.

For all the winners, please be patient... I will post the final list for review when I get back to Toronto.

Okay, so, one more question and this one is bit harder....winner gets one MK BREED PRL.

So, there are many GH additive products on the market, if both are liquid, how do you tell the product with natural source and the one made from chemicals....

I'm not an expert but here's my guess. Hopefully I got this question right.

I think we have to consider two things (maybe more) to determine if a GH additive product is made from chemicals or if it is made from natural sources:

1) Ingredients

2) Cost

Ex: Let’s compare MK-Breed’s Blue Diamond to Kent R/O Right Water Conditioner .

I’m going to bite the bullet and say I’m pretty confident that Kent R/O Right is created chemically , since they advertise that their product does not contain “phosphate, nitrate, silicate or organic chemicals”(Click More Information tab on the drfostersmith link).

MK-Breed’s Blue Diamond is created naturally from seawater.

Ingredients

The natural liquid GH additive product will have more ingredients because it would contain trace minerals/elements and organic material from the seawater (or any other natural source). The natural GH additive product is also made without added artificial ingredients (Wikipedia)

The liquid GH additive product that was created chemically would have fewer ingredients since I think it would be extremely hard to synthesize every single chemical compound that is from seawater, which means that it would not contain trace elements and minerals.  It would also have artificial ingredients in their formula.

Cost

I did a quick google search on natural products. According to Wikipedia, some natural products, especially those less complex, are easily and cost-effectively prepared via a complete chemical synthesis from readily available, simpler chemical ingredients, a process referred to as total synthesis.

So cost wise, it should be cheaper to create a liquid GH additive chemically than creating one from natural sources

If we compare the prices between those two websites, we find that Blue Diamond costs more.

16oz of Kent R/O Right Water Conditioner costs $6.99

6oz of Blue Diamond costs $13.15

I think I might know the answer to this so I'll try to answer. Yes, from what I've seen, they run AC continuously.

Yeah, most of them have to run AC almost contineously. Like this afternoon when I left Pingdon, it was about 90 degree F.

However, the breeder I just finished the interview with came up with a cheaper solition. The breeder is Chih Nan, aka Water Mirror. Stay tuned for his interview.

Interviewing Water Mirror in his coffee shop....

f77c1a19f80c19b831a19c432231a00a.jpg

Do the breeders keep snails in their tanks?

Do they have problems with infectious diseases? Viruses, bacteria and parasites?

With these high numbers of shrimps, it would be hard to imagine that they don't have problems.

Alright Randy, I am ready for "Round 2" this morning. Hahaha