Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

I got these wonderful CRS and Goldens from Mayphly a while back.  Beautiful shrimps.  I have been trying to learn my new camera and lens for a while now.  It's a Nikon D80 body and Tamron 90mm lens.  So here are a couple of photos from my first batch of good photos.  Still learning.  Should have cropped out a bigger photo.  More to come later

post-414-0-23020300-1423446090_thumb.jpg

post-414-0-56747800-1423446092_thumb.jpg

some old shots of my PRLs that I posted elsewhere but never got around to post here:  These guys are waiting for my top row of tanks to finish cycling so they can move into their new tanks

_8191153_zpscf79d34b.jpg

_8191059_zpsda746a06.jpg

_8190974_zps54e2cdcf.jpg

_8190939_zps0ef83318.jpg

_8190895_zps69c5ddfc.jpg

_8190785_zpsf417126e.jpg

some old shots of my PRLs that I posted elsewhere but never got around to post here:  These guys are waiting for my top row of tanks to finish cycling so they can move into their new tanks

_8191153_zpscf79d34b.jpg

_8191059_zpsda746a06.jpg

_8190974_zps54e2cdcf.jpg

_8190939_zps0ef83318.jpg

_8190895_zps69c5ddfc.jpg

_8190785_zpsf417126e.jpg

Nice!!! Are these from Nishiki?

Are these young females? Do you have photos of them after grow up?

Nice!!! Are these from Nishiki?

Are these young females? Do you have photos of them after grow up?

Good guess! Yes the originally parents came from Nishiki-Ebi and MananaP, but that was around 2 years ago.  I know one of them is a male for sure but i lost one of the females a few months ago.  I will see if I can get some updated photos once I clean up the tank : )

Good guess! Yes the originally parents came from Nishiki-Ebi and MananaP, but that was around 2 years ago.  I know one of them is a male for sure but i lost one of the females a few months ago.  I will see if I can get some updated photos once I clean up the tank : )

Great. :D

Not sure are you aware. Nishiki does not concentrate on JRB anymore. They are breeding mostly a type of Pinto/ Tibee that they called it Cloud. Hence if you have good Nishiki shrimp (stable gene with good red and white colouration), treasure them. ;)

Great. :D

Not sure are you aware. Nishiki does not concentrate on JRB anymore. They are breeding mostly a type of Pinto/ Tibee that they called it Cloud. Hence if you have good Nishiki shrimp (stable gene with good red and white colouration), treasure them. ;)

Yes, wasn't 100% sure but I thought it was a bit weird that their website didn't list any red or black bee shrimps anymore. I tried to get some more in thru Max (Benibachi USA) but they shut down their importing business - so hard to get JRB or JBB this side of the ocean.

It looks like Ebi-ten shut down their operations; so sad that so many japanese breeders are disappearing. If only they were more open to exporting their shrimps; language barriers aside, the best way seems to be to fly there in person to pick up shrimps!

Not that they shutdown. It is more of there are getting more and more breeders. The business is getting very competitive in Japan.

Japanese Breeder are very welcome people to buy their shrimp from overseas. It is more like their shrimps are too expensive and no one wants to import them. Which is why, you are seeing most of the mass market shrimps in US ($10 shrimp is sold as $100).

I can attest to what Hyoushoku is saying. Japanese breeders are more than willing to export to folks but the cost is a huge deterrent for potential importers.

As an importer you'd want highest profit margin. That isn't always viable with japanese products due to its quality. That's why you'd get a lot of importing from other parts of Asia.

To add, then the already high cost of you buying and bringing it in would in turn require you to sell for even higher. Not many are willing to pay $300UDS per shrimp.

Hmm might have to get both if you to hook me up with some Japanese breeders than : )

Definitely a very niche market but I know a few ppl in my circle of friends who are more than willing to pay higher prices for JRB / JBB