Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

Momma shrimp moutled before the eggs were even close to hatching. I removed them from the molt and placed them in the cup. I added tank water, and do a 100% water change each day. I put a Y connector from my air pump to a valve then into the cup to control air flow. That way there is water movement to replicate the mom moving her swimmeretes. :)

Uh Eggs without their moms ? How can? :huh: (sorry newbie question, so we can take those out from a dead shrimp)

Momma shrimp moutled before the eggs were even close to hatching. I removed them from the molt and placed them in the cup. I added tank water, and do a 100% water change each day. I put a Y connector from my air pump to a valve then into the cup to control air flow. That way there is water movement to replicate the mom moving her swimmeretes. :)

Thanks for the Info Woopderson, I'm doing it now from a just-dead shrimp.. Well with a little surgery lol

Ookay next pict berried BP, (I hope this momma gonna make it until the end)

6d7b7060a846ec4fa4b7c48657f1f1f5.jpg

Good luck, I hope you're successful! It always seems like a waste to lose eggs because of dropping/molts/deaths.

Thanks for the Info Woopderson, I'm doing it now from a just-dead shrimp.. Well with a little surgery lol

Ookay next pict berried BP, (I hope this momma gonna make it until the end)

6d7b7060a846ec4fa4b7c48657f1f1f5.jpg

I can't tell if this clearish looking baby is from the mischling or the tibee mama.The other two in the pic are definitely from the mischling. Either way it has some cool markings I've never seen before. Spring is in the air!!!

post-89-0-56168100-1426633883_thumb.jpg

I'm hoping for taitibee. However, there was another male tibee in the tank which I just removed. So, it's possible it's a tibee. Once it colors up a bit I should be able to tell.

I'm hoping for taitibee. However, there was another male tibee in the tank which I just removed. So, it's possible it's a tibee. Once it colors up a bit I should be able to tell.

It could be Tai-tibee.

I will strongly suggest you to remove them from the tank. These guys will grow up into Crystal White (either blue tone or yellow tone base). If you don't remove them, your whole tank will started to become like them (they have the lowest common denominator gene) and your money will go down the drain. ;)

Given said that, they are the intermediate gene for me to breed fancy Tibee or Pinto. If you are planning to breed these two type of shrimps, put them in separated tank.

The tai-tibee is what I'm shooting for in hopes to create my own pinto. I have a tank all set up for them I'm very excited and can't wait to see what else shows up. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did lose a few eggs to fungi, but it looks like about 7-10 eggs will make it. I blasted the air pump twice a day and tried to remove some of the mold very carefully. The air pump was left running to create gentle current. In addition I water changed the cup 1-2 times a day, usually 95%

Woopderson, how you managed to hatch that eggs? I have tried it three times without sucess, always have fungi growing on eggs in a few days and kill them.

Finally... I setup my flashes and tripod, and tried to take some serious photos of my Red Spotted Head Pinto.

DSCF7639-FIXED.jpg

You are able to find more of the pinto photos here: http://www.shrimpydaddy.com/blogs/moments/17690897-red-spotted-head-pinto

I did lose a few eggs to fungi, but it looks like about 7-10 eggs will make it. I blasted the air pump twice a day and tried to remove some of the mold very carefully. The air pump was left running to create gentle current. In addition I water changed the cup 1-2 times a day, usually 95%

Sounds like a lot of labour involved to keep them healthy. Did you ever try methylene blue? It's prevent fungi growing. I heard some people did that but I never try it myself. Maybe it makes it easier. Next time I will try it if it won't work I'll do your method then

I can most definitely do that! I will make a thread in the care section. I know Han sells a bubbler that I would be curious to try in time.

WOW what an achievement....now we need a writeup of everything you did so that we can all try this instead of a great

loss.

It wasn't too bad, but you're taking on the task of shrimp mom! would be interesting to see if the blue water would help, I may try that next time.

Sounds like a lot of labour involved to keep them healthy. Did you ever try methylene blue? It's prevent fungi growing. I heard some people did that but I never try it myself. Maybe it makes it easier. Next time I will try it if it won't work I'll do your method then

Although, not all that special this is one of my best photos I have taken. These are my fire red cherries. I think that female may be berried; however, its hard to tell.

cherryshrimp_zpsealgzxrn.jpg