Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

That's way too low.... .... No wonder.

All my tanks are at 26C and it takes slightly less than 4 weeks.

Are you sure 26c is 78.8F .

What shrimps are you keep in those temp.

In summer mine crs tanks goes to 27-28c, dint loose anyone, i add airfan and a airfilter.

My JRB tank:

DSCF5288-FIXED.jpg

My Sulawesi Tank (90L Long & Tall Tank):

DSCF2663.JPG

My Neo tank:

DSCF9893-FIXED.jpg

There are more tanks, but never take picture of them. They are undergoing progressive revamp to move towards requires lesser maintenance. My back can't take the beating from trimming plants.

My Black spotted head pinto tank:

DSCF3406-FIXED.jpg

Below is Red spotted head pinto tank that was work in progress. I took this picture when I was trying to arrange the layout material on top of thick paper towel to prevent the rocks cracking the tank (^_^")y :

DSCF5789-FIXED.jpg

Yes, those are Seiryu seki. :)

Thanks for the compliment. I treat my shrimp like my pet, thus I always try to give them an environment that is pretty, yet conducive. The black spotted head pinto tank is too open and they don't like it (not much place to hide). As such, I may revamp it.

Is that a filter inside the Sulawesi tank? If so, how do you make it so the babies don't get sucked up. It's very incognito!

Taiwan Bee, Pinto and JRB.

Interesting most people keep them in lowers temps.

Where are you plants , tank are empty.. :P

Nice scapes.

Interesting most people keep them in lowers temps.

Where are you plants , tank are empty.. :P

Nice scapes.

This is another myth I busted recently. Caridina Cantonesis is originated from Guangdong Province, China. Which is just next to Hong Kong (where I am living now). Over here, there are 6 months of summer per year. During summer, the temperature is constantly above 30C. Hence, here has sub tropical climate but not a temperate climate. As such, there is no way the shrimp will love cold water like people claimed. Cold water will reduce formation of ammonia but very little. Instead, higher pH will cause much more ammonia than temperature does. Cold water will highly implicate on slow hatching of shrimp eggs and also reduce population of microbes and plankton.

Some people claimed that warm water will cause more male to hatch, but this is a myth too. Most of my tank has equal sexual offspring, except my JRBs have more female offspring than male.

All of the above tested not just by me, but also a few of my friends around the world. The result is excellent. No more breeding-halt in winter. The shrimp breed like crazy and eggs hatch almost a week faster. What I suspected about this myth was spread by commercial breeder to prevent people from breeding the shrimp fast.

Given said that, I will not suggest everyone to turn up the temperature now. In order for higher temperature to work, the tank has to be stable and clean (not those algae plague tank). The temperature has to be increased gradually by 1C per week or 5 days.

Those pictures were taken when I set them up, barely any plant has grown. LOL!!! :D