Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

Hmm might have to get both if you to hook me up with some Japanese breeders than : )

Definitely a very niche market but I know a few ppl in my circle of friends who are more than willing to pay higher prices for JRB / JBB

I do people who can do it. But, I asked before about what if shrimp die during the shipping. I did not get any answer. As such, I never dare to recommend anyone to ship such expensive shrimp. :(

I do people who can do it. But, I asked before about what if shrimp die during the shipping. I did not get any answer. As such, I never dare to recommend anyone to ship such expensive shrimp. :(

Ya that is always a risk; but that was the same risk i took when i brought in my Nishiki-Ebi originally - high risk, high reward : ) .  Once you have a taste of some JPRL / JRB it is hard to go back to anything else lol.  

Once you have a taste of some JPRL / JRB it is hard to go back to anything else lol.  

Dude!! We should get to know each other earlier. LOL!!! Every time I said this to people and/ or explain to them the difference between JRB and the common PRL, no one could understand me nor believe me. LOL!!!

Not sure you have this same sentiment as me. When you look at the JRB red colour, it grows like neon. And when you look over at common PRL again, it will look dull. LOL!!!

Dude!! We should get to know each other earlier. LOL!!! Every time I said this to people and/ or explain to them the difference between JRB and the common PRL, no one could understand me nor believe me. LOL!!!

Not sure you have this same sentiment as me. When you look at the JRB red colour, it grows like neon. And when you look over at common PRL again, it will look dull. LOL!!!

Ya i think you really have to own them or see them in person to "get" the difference.  People think I am crazy but the first thing I notice when I got my Nishiki-Ebi as not their color (I knew they were better than anything I have seen but mine were relatively low quality) but their posture;  their head and tails were always up and very alert and they walked around the tank as first they were high class shrimps and they knew it.. lol

Over time I realized that JRB's are not without their quarks; the nishiki's for example took forever to mature and start breeding and also the ratio of females to males were very low.  Maybe this is the results of many generations of inbreding and less mixing of outside genes but they are far from being "perfect" shrimps in that aspect; but they are unmatched when it comes to the looks of their colors and shell.  

I am not sure how much longer I can keep breeding mine  without adding new bloodlines but when I do, it would have to be JRB and only JRB.  Once I have more tanks setted up my goal would be to collect different JRB / JBB lines and keep them separate to preserve them.  That was the plan with Nishiki's originally but i was down to my last pair and added a couple of females from MananaP in case my last female didn't make it. All my of current PEL though came from that one Nishiki-Ebi male.

Man, I really want some JRB, been stalking aquabid looking for them.

I will be hard, I don't see any Japanese breeders there; the best bet would be to convince one of the existing network of importers it is worth the work and costs to bring some in.  The last person was Max / Benibachi USA.  I think Lowkey has access to a bunch of great breeders but I don't think there are any Lowkey dealers in the states.

Not to derail this thread further. I just wanted to add my last 2cents.

JRB/JPRL call them whatever you want, definitely need to be witness in person to truly understand. Their colors, particularly the red area, is just phenomenal! It's not an ordinary red. It's almost a bloodshot red, crimson like. It's a very deep and intense color. Far too many people focus on the white color and forget that these guys are called Pure RED Line, Japanese RED Bees, and Crystal RED Shrimp. They have RED in their name for a reason. Although the white is very important, the red is far more important. Also, the white isn't white white, it's an ivory - creamy white that is very milky and pleasant.

Outside of Japan, I have not witness any store that carry. I couldn't quite wrap by brain around this initially when Hyoushoku and I spoke but after return from Japan and owning my own JRB and JBB, I finally understand.

Ya i think you really have to own them or see them in person to "get" the difference.  People think I am crazy but the first thing I notice when I got my Nishiki-Ebi as not their color (I knew they were better than anything I have seen but mine were relatively low quality) but their posture;  their head and tails were always up and very alert and they walked around the tank as first they were high class shrimps and they knew it.. lol

Over time I realized that JRB's are not without their quarks; the nishiki's for example took forever to mature and start breeding and also the ratio of females to males were very low.  Maybe this is the results of many generations of inbreding and less mixing of outside genes but they are far from being "perfect" shrimps in that aspect; but they are unmatched when it comes to the looks of their colors and shell.  

I am not sure how much longer I can keep breeding mine  without adding new bloodlines but when I do, it would have to be JRB and only JRB.  Once I have more tanks setted up my goal would be to collect different JRB / JBB lines and keep them separate to preserve them.  That was the plan with Nishiki's originally but i was down to my last pair and added a couple of females from MananaP in case my last female didn't make it. All my of current PEL though came from that one Nishiki-Ebi male.

Yes, the posture, shape, proportion, spiky last 2 abdomen shell and the cocky look. LOL!!! Not sure have you seen my this photo before, it is a picture of a teenage mummy (1.5 months old) that exhibit all these:

DSCF5892-FIXED.jpg

Hey mate, taking long time to mature may not got to do with gene. You could PM me and discuss on this. Both my JRB from Hakata and Misato and ShrimpFan's KBrand JRB, are breeding like rabbit. 

"Save a horse, ride a Vampire"         The trouble making shrimp of the batch from Shrimpscales.  This guy takes food away from the others and rides poor Vlad around taking food from his fans.  

post-451-0-85569800-1424014093_thumb.jpg

Temperature fluctuation is one of the top killer. Maybe you want to consider stabilising the temperature. ;)

My TB and CRS are in the same room and breed all day long. The tibee are in a smaller tank which is more prone to temp fluctuations.