Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

mayphly,

Just a curious question. I saw that you are keeping so many different types of shrimps and adding new type every week. So how many tanks do you have right now?

Somewhere around 19-20. Today I'll be making a new stand to hold some more 10g's and maybe a 20L.

I still have two 10 gallons that are cycled and ready to go. One will be for some Super Hornets which I ordered from Blue Crown.

Even though my wife thoroughly dislikes my shrimp keeping she did however find it in her Heart to make me this Xmas ornament. I think she's coming around...

87a12c54a62d87291b8d8c7155adb23b.jpg

Don't laugh. She won't even look at them up close because they gross her out so I think this rendition serves from memory [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats cool bro she deserves a big kiss for trying ;)

Haven't posted here in a while so here is some pictures from my phone of the Super Hornet Bee and Super princess Bee! Lets see if you guys can tell the difference!!

20150112_121142_zpsdsn7fv6a.jpg

20150112_121058_zpsfivweqhs.jpg

20150112_120304_zpshy9wygdx.jpg

20150112_120114_zpsa6mewwsl.jpg

Both the super hornet and Super princess bee goes well with CRS parameter.

Found this guy the other day roaming in my 20L the other day. There's another one in the tank except a panda version, I'll try and get better pics.

post-89-0-63325100-1421110119_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-63185100-1421110232_thumb.jpg

Somewhere around 19-20. Today I'll be making a new stand to hold some more 10g's and maybe a 20L.

I cant imagine trying to care for 20 tanks. I wish i had the time to try though! I could quit working on scales and just breed shrimp for a living. Ahh! A guy can dream right?

The tricks to maintain large amount of tank are:

1. Change water only once every 2 weeks.
  2. Leverage on products that will keep your water and tank glass clean and pristine for 2 weeks.
  3. Adopt "Balance Environment" approach to let the tank maintain itself
  4. Every week, change the water for half amount of tanks.
  5. Have extra large container to hold RO water and pre-mix them with remineraliser by leveraging a pump.

I have 11 x 120L tanks and it took me half day of every Saturday to perform the maintenance.

It's not that bad maintaining many tanks. Like Hyoushoku says "let the tank maintain itself." Sometimes I go away for weeks at a time and the tanks do fine.

Found this guy the other day roaming in my 20L the other day. There's another one in the tank except a panda version, I'll try and get better pics.

Any ideas who the parents are? I would love to get my hands on some shrimp like that.

Any ideas who the parents are? I would love to get my hands on some shrimp like that.

This shrimp was either from a blue bolt or a mischling. I'm not really sure which.

My buddy who had tons of tanks has one of those large Rubbermaid trash cans full of RO water and a auto top of system that pumps a small amount every day to keep the tanks going. I know he will do larger wc on just a few at a time.

I use the rubbermaid garbage cans as well. I wouldn't mind having an autotop but I hear they can jam up sometimes. I just fill the cans up and I use an airstone which runs 24/7 in them. I use one can for RO and one for tap.

This typenof shrimp is a goal for me. Can you tell me what you have in the tank? :D

This shrimp was either from a blue bolt or a mischling. I'm not really sure which.

This typenof shrimp is a goal for me. Can you tell me what you have in the tank? :D

bkk, panda,shadows, bluebolts, pink bolts, red wine, and mischling.There are also some tibee and pinto but they weren't involved in that offspring.

I use the rubbermaid garbage cans as well. I wouldn't mind having an autotop but I hear they can jam up sometimes. I just fill the cans up and I use an airstone which runs 24/7 in them. I use one can for RO and one for tap.

I've read some people use airstones and some people use pumps.  Would you please explain why that is needed?