Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

This post goes out to ShrimpP. :P

Nessies

d5fcdfb9f9f07d3d8185df63598afcd5.jpg

Deep blue green.

0d2f365f0f6b4b702d8801423983c609.jpg

Some are getting a gold tint on their backs. Not yellow. Gold. It's sweet.

b4a57bf09de3c3b7011ba44584191688.jpg

9db8fadf05b3504f9c5d7bb49022fefb.jpg

Then there are a couple of these boys...

27b112c169677fc6a4ff3892dfb827ab.jpg

Yesterday was "Macro Monday" for me again, so I tried to give my black pandas some love. They just don't seem to be as photogenic as the BBs though. My camera (Nikon D600) was just sent in to get the sensor cleaned from oil spots (the pains of macro photography, you see everything), so I will be deprived for a few weeks now...

Panda Close up

DSC_8014-2.JPG

Bluebolt Chilling

DSC_8015-2.JPG

Panda Profile

DSC_8026-2.JPG

Hungry Mischling

DSC_8028-2.JPG

Bluebolt Profile

DSC_8031-2.JPG

Marimo World

DSC_8042-2.JPG

2 hours ago, Vpier said:

How do you guys take these close up pics? Im getting amazing looking babies crossing various shrimps with Mayphly's taitibees and pseudos's.

I use a macro lens with extension tubes on my DSLR. I wish I had more interesting shrimp like Mayphly to take pics of... lol

4 minutes ago, Kurobom said:

I use a macro lens with extension tubes on my DSLR. I wish I had more interesting shrimp like Mayphly to take pics of... lol

how much are the extension tubes. I have no idea what to look for I have a Canon DSLR with a 100M marco lens only.

31 minutes ago, Dluxeshrimps said:

how much are the extension tubes.

Around 15 bones.......check amazon.  Generally you lose the ability to auto-focus, but there are extension tubes available for a few bucks more that keep AF intact.

1 hour ago, Shrimple minded said:

Around 15 bones.......check amazon.  Generally you lose the ability to auto-focus, but there are extension tubes available for a few bucks more that keep AF intact.

2 hours ago, Kurobom said:

This is beyond my pay grade.

I bought a (body only) Nikon D80 in almost new condition on ebay for a hundred bucks. The lens I use is a low budget Tamron 1:1 macro which was around $300. I need to learn to breed galaxies so I can upgrade my lens! Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, mayphly said:

I bought a (body only) Nikon D80 in almost new condition on ebay for a hundred bucks. The lens I use is a low budget Tamron 1:1 macro which was around $300. I need to learn to breed galaxies so I can upgrade my lens! Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would rather spend the $400 on your future Galaxies.

51 minutes ago, OMG Aquatics said:

The cheap 10x-20x macro lens for phones is pretty good as well for its price. It's like $10 shipped.

What I meant was the knowledge of photography is beyond my pay grade as in Im not smart enough.

24 minutes ago, Vpier said:

What I meant was the knowledge of photography is beyond my pay grade as in Im not smart enough.

I see what you mean. :) I wanted to take good looking pictures like the professionals and thought all you needed was just a really expensive camera until after researching, there's a lot more to it than just an expensive camera.

23 hours ago, Dluxeshrimps said:

how much are the extension tubes. I have no idea what to look for I have a Canon DSLR with a 100M marco lens only.

I bought my Kenko DG AF extension tubes from someone on Kijiji for about $70 CDN. I have the 36mm and 20mm ones that have the ability to retain autofocus, aperture control, and metering. Most of my closer shots were done without autofocus though, and I set the focus to the minimum focus distance (MFD) to get maximum magnification, then manually wobble forward and back until I get the eyes in focus. Ideally for ultimate sharpness, things would be happening on a tripod, but then it is hard to chase the shrimp around if it is moving.

I'm all self taught in the sense that I have not taken any formal photography courses. Much of my learning comes from Tony Northrup's ebooks and YouTube channel!

8cd92f9b4c2a14462a7b1b09c8362f28.jpg

It's an orange eyed tangtai. Have you guys seen this before?

Can I be first on your orange eye tangtai shrimp list please?