Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

This is a new type of Neocaridina Davidi. In Taiwan, it is called Golden Bee Shrimp (in Taiwanese local language, don't mistook it is a Bee shrimp). However, when they are selling to EU and US, they marketed it as Yellow King Kong. This marketing act (I think it is bad to do that) created a hype in Europe and people are paying USD40 to 90 for each shrimp. Actually in Taiwan, it only cost a few dollars each.

This phoney claims that about this shrimp is that these shrimps will breed with Taiwan Bee, which is why marketed as Yellow King Kong. However, any Neocaridina Davidi is able to breed with Taiwan Bee even before this breed is out.

In one of the International shrimp forum, we did discuss about this before and everyone was lost. In the end, I have to clarify this within Taiwan to find the truth.

Jaime what exactly are you shooting for? Full reds? Opaque between red?

Which ones?  Those culls I have been debating selective breeding for completely clear backend and red on the head.  The rest are mostly crystals, still culling the big tank down to only house C grades and Super reds.  The paramaters caused more higher grades to be born (lower pH results in higher grades born in each batch, in my experience) and I'm trying to get back to the full C colony:)  The stripey babies are popping up in crystal only tanks...not sure what the heck is going on there.

Neo Davidi breeding with a card TB is extremely uncommon.  It is my opinion many of the "breedings" are actually wild neos that were thrown.

My understanding is the YKK is actually a psuedo TaiTB. (TTxTB)

It was thought to be not common but it is. However, I have proven this and some of my friends experienced it too. For example, my Rili breed with OEBT and ditch out Blue Dream. Rili breed with BKK and ditch out Carbon Rili. PFR breed with BKK produces very dark red PRF with black edges.

Just a speculation. I think the information of they don't breed was released by breeder and not allowing people to breed out new variant.

This is the first I've heard of this.

LOL!!! You should visit the International forum more often. ;)

The epicentre for shrimps are in Japan/Asia and Europe. Usually, there will be more pioneering people there. Hence, there are many interesting information you will be able to obtain. ;)

This is a new type of Neocaridina Davidi. In Taiwan, it is called Golden Bee Shrimp (in Taiwanese local language, don't mistook it is a Bee shrimp). However, when they are selling to EU and US, they marketed it as Yellow King Kong. This marketing act (I think it is bad to do that) created a hype in Europe and people are paying USD40 to 90 for each shrimp. Actually in Taiwan, it only cost a few dollars each.

This phoney claims that about this shrimp is that these shrimps will breed with Taiwan Bee, which is why marketed as Yellow King Kong. However, any Neocaridina Davidi is able to breed with Taiwan Bee even before this breed is out.

In one of the International shrimp forum, we did discuss about this before and everyone was lost. In the end, I have to clarify this within Taiwan to find the truth.

Nice guess but i dont think if this is a ykk since i only have Red tiger in the tank.

You won't know what your Tiger has been mixed with. ;)

I have some low grade blue bolt threw out Wine Red offspring. :D

I never really considered that option because they came from a reputable breeder, garnelen-tom from germany. ( the dude that made the sifting oxydators even more famous)

With the TB, im pretty sure its pretty common for them to throw other kinds of TB and if im not wrong, this started when peeps started to make mischlings. Just a hypothesis though

For any of the variants, they came a long way of breeding. Even if the shrimps are reputable breeders, once in awhile, they will still produce funny offspring.

I'm not surprised they chunk out Golden Neo. Like I mentioned in my previous post, EU was very crazy about Golden Neo awhile back.

With blue bolts?

Currently, yes.  I noticed that shrimps kept in small numbers will be more prone to hiding than actively feed and exploring.  As such, I opted to keep them with the PRL.  These are babies and so I have no fear they will mix with the PRL.  The reason why they're in here in the first place is this tank was supposed to be a dedicated testing tank for some minerals.  I wanted to conduct test to demonstrate that even low grade blue bolts (and you can see they're low grade with only head coverage) can express nice blue coloration if the proper minerals and traces are provided.  Plus, I culled the hell out of my PRL colony.  

This tank has shifted from being a test tank into a long term home for the PRL but since they're only about 5, i decided to keep them all together so they feed and feel more secure.

Blue Bolts will get das boot in a few weeks.  :D

For any of the variants, they came a long way of breeding. Even if the shrimps are reputable breeders, once in awhile, they will still produce funny offspring.

I'm not surprised they chunk out Golden Neo. Like I mentioned in my previous post, EU was very crazy about Golden Neo awhile back.

The only info i found about them was in this one http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=197573

Hmmm.... Not sure are you aware that Tiger shrimp got it's name from the stripes. If it is red tiger, it should have stripes of the stripes covered the entire body. Or maybe, I'm wrong.

Take a look at this page for the picture of red tiger: http://gambamania.blogspot.hk/2011/12/variedades-de-caridina-cantonensis.html

Got a shipment from Will today. Added a piece of cholla to my tb tank and was able to get some great pics of them with out glass in the way. Made me realize how badly I need remote flash so flash can come from the top. The amount of detail is amazing. Hope details were not lost in the multiple iploads I have done to get them here.

Got a shipment from Will today. Added a piece of cholla to my tb tank and was able to get some great pics of them with out glass in the way. Made me realize how badly I need remote flash so flash can come from the top. The amount of detail is amazing. Hope details were not lost in the multiple iploads I have done to get them here.

post-225-0-17926200-1416294548_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-95151200-1416294569_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-49599300-1416294588_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-85536000-1416294648_thumb.jpg

post-225-0-17473200-1416294729_thumb.jpg