Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

Low grade but still nice looking one's :)

These are juvenile Nuri. There aren't any high grade juvenile Blue Bolts as they develop their coloration as they mature. 

These are juvenile Nuri. There aren't any high grade juvenile Blue Bolts as they develop their coloration as they mature. 

damn i did not noticed that they are young... 

it doesn't have to develop their coloration, i have enough BB shrimplets that stayed the same low grade coloration but some of them became high grade though.

to be sure that it will be nice looking high grade one i prefer to buy and select high grade shrimplets. (i bet you know what i mean some of the shrimplets are from the day they are born fully (dark) blue ;) )

Fishcrazy, those stripes rock! Are you making a strain of stripes?

Once I get a little more I going separate the normal from the stripes. Right now I have 80% stripes 20% regulars. Some have heavier striping then the others. I will probably separate my heaviest stripes ones soon. 

Very cool. Did you breed the stripes out of get them like that? Mine just have the stripes on their tails.

I let them do their own thing. I plan on breeding for this type of stripping. At the moment I have most of them with the stripping. I do still have some with no stripes at all. I plan on separating the two groups. It's really cool. The ones with no stripping are darker almost blue velvet color. It was a surprise thing because I brought two groups of blue pearls and then the stripes started popping up and got heavier over the next generations.

Once I get a little more I going separate the normal from the stripes. Right now I have 80% stripes 20% regulars. Some have heavier striping then the others. I will probably separate my heaviest stripes ones soon. 

Start a journal!  I want to follow along...and maybe be your first buyer! :D :D :D

Start a journal!  I want to follow along...and maybe be your first buyer! :D :D :D

Will do. :D Once the tank is done cycling I'll be sure to start a journal. 

2 of my lovely Hino Shadow Pandas.

An upclose photo of said Hino Shadow Panda

And for the general nature lovers out there - a Piebald!! White Tail Deer that hangs out in my front yard, and drives the dogs absolutely nuts  :P   

attachicon.gif20160118_172237.jpg attachicon.gif20160118_172813.jpg

attachicon.gif20160117_084338.jpg

Great shrimp but LOVE that deer .  Not often if ever you see a deer like that .

We have a population of them not to far from me. They can be hunted. We had piebald born on my place and hung around for a few years. Was a buck so Im hoping he passed that gene.

Oh that is interesting . I thought they were extremely rare .

More pics of Striped Blue Pearls. These are two different berried females. One had a darker shade of blue and darker stripes. The quality of the pics suck because I take them on my phone until I get batteries for my camera. 

20160219_223148_zpsutg7a5lr.jpg

Female One.

20160219_223637_zpscy3at8rw.jpg

20160219_223856%201_zpsagnycnjw.jpg