Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

• 3 weeks later...

One of my favorite shrimp currently, Hinomaru Wine Red.

post-127-0-03071000-1444219790_thumb.jpg

Here are some of my German red pinto mischling. These are GRP x WR. Percentage of pintos to WR offspring is almost 50:50. The mother is on her third batch of babies.

post-89-0-35569700-1444529169_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-28392900-1444529218_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-10113200-1444529268_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-72618100-1444529352_thumb.jpg

I am not sure if $50 is budget or not, but I use the Ollo Clip macro lenses for my iPhone 5S. I really love how my shrimp pictures turn out, honestly the only two things I have come to realize is 1) You must take quite a number of pictures 7-15 to find that perfect clear crisp image. 2) Dependent on which macro lens your using there is always a sweet spot, distance from your camera to the shrimp that I seem to have been getting closer to finding. Finding this "sweet spot" allows for a huge reduction of pictures needed to be taken.

I am not sure if $50 is budget or not, but I use the Ollo Clip macro lenses for my iPhone 5S. I really love how my shrimp pictures turn out, honestly the only two things I have come to realize is 1) You must take quite a number of pictures 7-15 to find that perfect clear crisp image. 2) Dependent on which macro lens your using there is always a sweet spot, distance from your camera to the shrimp that I seem to have been getting closer to finding. Finding this "sweet spot" allows for a huge reduction of pictures needed to be taken.

I use my wife's Canon 60D with a 50mm lens. Since true Macro lenses cost $300+ I opted for buying $5 extension tubes to convert normal lenses to "macro" lenses. Still figuring out a good ISO setting and all that fancy jaz. 

• 2 weeks later...